Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ENGLISH Venues with Sound Limiters

Default ENGLISH Venues with Sound Limiters

If you know of any venues in England with sound limiters please post them below. Any additional details such as placement / sensitivity (if you know) would also be beneficial.

Many thanks.

The Globe in Gateshead.....Nightmare I'll never play there again

Masonic Lodge in Middlesbrough....Super sensitive. Audience chatter can set it off. Shame really cos it's a really nice venue

www.accessallareasdisco.co.uk

Proud members of the NADJ

Amington Liberal House, Tamworth.
    Packington Moor, Lichfield - However, it is permanently set to 'Monitor', so is never 'Active'.
    Scott.

SC Events | Facebook

Professional Conference & AV Services, Corporate Entertainment, Equipment Hire and DJs

Quote Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
    If you know of any venues in England with sound limiters please post them below. Any additional details such as placement / sensitivity (if you know) would also be beneficial.

Many thanks.
    Nice one Shaun--as its my number one hate I will have to dig through the records but can think of one immediately that was a total disgrace and no one should ever play the venue.

I need to check diaries.

Ill be in touch

Kenwood Hall - Kenwood Suite, Sheffield
    Limiter situated halfway down the left hand wall, typical triangle of lights, too long on 3 reds and you're off. I worked with no subs, played at normal volime (loud) and didn't set it off. I have no problem working with it again.

Hey Green, Huddersfield
    A slightly different kind of limiter. You plug your mixer output into the limiter via XLR, then from the limiter to your amps/speakers. The limiter cuts the bass / volume as needed to help limit, but if you still hammer it the system will cut the power. I worked alongside a band, so got to test with the system and it seemed to go plenty loud enough, but the band had a drum kit & couldn't work with the limiter. After a lengthy 'debate' with the owners it was decided to bypass the limiter, so I can't say for sure how good/bad it is in a gig situation
    Craig Algar - Sheffield Wedding DJ
    Professional Wedding DJ & Moodlighting Services in Yorkshire
    www.sheffieldweddingdj.co.uk

The Tythe Barn nr Petersfield.

two sound sentry units . one each end , not to bad, as set up is usually in the middle either side.

Daryll
    darylldj.co.uk , serving hampshire , Surrey and sussex

Off the top of my head....

Bristol:

Longwell Green community centre (though commonly disconnected)
    Hungerford Road community centre (nightmare levels)

Bath:

The Assembly Rooms (Tea room specifically, set at a reasonable level)

I'll have to have a dig through my notes to find the rest, I know of at least another two community centres that have them, but they've never given me trouble.

Julian
    http://www.bristoldiscohire.co.uk - Quality Disco and Equipment hire for Bristol & Bath
    Weddings, Birthday Parties, Kids Parties, School Disco's and more
    https://julianburr.co.uk - Wedding, Family, Portrait and Product Photography

Basingstoke wise: There are others but these are the ones to note that can cause problems.

Oakridge Hall for All - Very sensitive sound limiter with the unit by the stage area. There is a plug that bypasses it but you won't be told that.
    The Irish Centre - Not too bad but you still a pain. Only been installed for the last couple of years.
    Popley Fields - Sensitive.
    Chineham Village Hall - Set at 100db. Not really a problem.
    Lychpit Village Hall - Set at 90db but smallish hall. Have to keep an eye on it.

Other ones:

The Clockbarn, Whitchurch - No limiter installed but the staff have a handheld monitor. Never had any problems there at all but they are strict on 11.30pm finish.
    Northbrook Park - As above. Handheld monitor that is looked after by the staff. Not had any problems here either.
    Wokefield Park - Limiter installed and it's set quite high at 115db if I remember correctly. No problems at all.
    Trunkwell House - Handheld monitor that is looked after by the staff. Not had any problems there.

That's all I can think of at the moment.

Default Co-op

The co-op club in barrows lane yardley ,even a balloon popping complete nightmare place

Best Western Russel Hotel Maidstone - Awful set at 80db, even clapping sets it off, on my black list

West Malling Village Hall, Nr Maidstone - Set at 98db so its not too bad

Weald of Kent Golf Club Nr Maidstone - Set at 110db so its a struggle to even get it in the red!
    Maidstone Based Professional Disco
    www.lasersounds.co.uk