Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: ENGLISH Venues with Sound Limiters

Quote Originally Posted by Shakermaker Promotions View Post
    It's not likely that it will happen to me but I'd hate to turn up at a venue where the customer has said there isn't a limiter (maybe they haven't been told or have missed the small print?) and I find that there is one. Having a list of venues with limiters and hopefully db levels will be a big help.
    Good point, I have had that problem and at least two events ( mentioned at venues on my posts) the whole evening was effectively ruined by the limiters.

Quote Originally Posted by yourdj View Post
    What DJ will spend all day reading through that to find random venues relevant to them?
    There would still be long lists however you split it up - as always the Search function is your friend!

Got a booking in a venue you've never played at before? Do a forum search and see what comes up, what's difficult about that? (surely everyone does that anyway).

Quote Originally Posted by funkymook View Post
    There would still be long lists however you split it up - as always the Search function is your friend!

Got a booking in a venue you've never played at before? Do a forum search and see what comes up, what's difficult about that? (surely everyone does that anyway).
    But what if you are not checking any specific venue or just want a definitive list? I list of "venues with limiters in Southampton" would be much better than having to go on the search function and perhaps have to sift through lots of other irrelevant comments about it first.

I can't see what wrong with a map rather than a massive random list of posts that are not geographically relevant to 99% of the venues I would play at. I also do not think that it could possibly be that conclusive as the thread is already only 3 pages long but full of this conversation and not any venues with limiters. Each member would have to post all the venue they personally know that have them, which would mean that a good number of members from the same area would have to do the same to fill in the venues they have not been to or perhaps forgotten.

I am not knocking this idea and I applause the concept but I think there are much more efficient ways of achieving it as it will be most useful.
    Your DJ - Mobile DJ The New Forest, Southampton & Hampshire. Toby
    https://yourdj.co.uk/

But what if you are not checking any specific venue or just want a definitive list? I list of "venues with limiters in Southampton" would be much better than having to go on the search function and perhaps have to sift through lots of other irrelevant comments about it first.

I can't see what wrong with a map rather than a massive random list of posts that are not geographically relevant to 99% of the venues I would play at.
    I also do not think that it could possibly be that conclusive as the thread is already only 3 pages long but full of this conversation and not any venues with limiters.

I am not knocking this idea and I applause the concept but I think there are much more efficient ways of achieving it as it will be most useful.
    Well done that man for volunteering for the job and the ongoing upkeep of the list!

Well done that man for volunteering for the job and the ongoing upkeep of the list!
    Its a tough job--but Tobys got to do it

I was waiting for that

I am getting one of the guys who is in charge of our area at an HDA meeting next year to discuss how and why they set these limits and to answer a barrage of questions so that would probably the best place to start.

I do think it will be useful as they have sprung up all over the place and are positioned in silly places.

I've added a few to the Google Map so you can see what it would look like

http://goo.gl/maps/2kRa6

If you want Collaborate on this
    - Press Edit

then for each venue

- Search for your venue in the maps search bar
    - Use the Pin Tool (top left of the map) to add a point on your venue
    - Add the venue name in the name field
    - Add a description of the Sound limiter in the description field.

once you have added all the venues

- Click Done.

Takes about 2 minutes max per venue, if that.

Quote Originally Posted by WWDJ View Post
    I've added a few to the Google Map so you can see what it would look like

http://goo.gl/maps/2kRa6

If you want Collaborate on this
    - Press Edit

then for each venue

- Search for your venue in the maps search bar
    - Use the Pin Tool (top left of the map) to add a point on your venue
    - Add the venue name in the name field
    - Add a description of the Sound limiter in the description field.

once you have added all the venues

- Click Done.

Takes about 2 minutes max per venue, if that.
    I do like that map I have to say.

Would a locked copy of that was available as a post, if that is at all possible?
    I know I can embed maps to my site, but I doubt it would be that way with a forum?

That would be excellent as people can then pinpoint each venue. it would take ages as a voluntary thing, but would be more efficient.

Not sure you can embed in a post with the editor available.

I do like that map I have to say.

Would a locked copy of that was available as a post, if that is at all possible?
    I know I can embed maps to my site, but I doubt it would be that way with a forum?

That would be excellent as people can then pinpoint each venue. it would take ages as a voluntary thing, but would be more efficient.
    Not sure it's any better than doing a search to be honest. The map doesn't really add value that I can see (though willing to be convinced otherwise) and the list is non-alphabetical, so needs to be scrolled through, and once any database is over a certain size you need a search function anyway.

And if the venue isn't on the map perhaps there's a post about it, so you'd still end up doing a search just in case, and possibly finding other posts about the venue as well.