Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Thread: Peavey PV1500 Power Amplifier

Default Peavey PV1500 Power Amplifier

I have lost power in one of my channels on my Peavey PV1500 Amplifier and hope someone out there has a easy solution to fix it, as I want to avoid sending it away under its 5 year warranty.

At first I thought perhaps it was a dodgy Lead, because when I gave it a bit of a wiggle it corrected the fault. However, on friday I could not get any sound from that channel at all and had to use my back up amp, which worked fine with the same leads.
    It has been like this for a few weeks, but a wiggle usually fixed the problem.

Could it be in need of just a service which could be done at a local shop, or is it likely the case of having to send it to a Peavey Dealer.

Default quick check

I have a similar amp and sometimes the hidden switches on the back of the amp pop in or out by themselves, they have something like "in stereo/out mono" written next to them ...you will need a dart or pin ...when u poke them you can feel a spring loaded resistance and a click.... it happens all the time to me ..... hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by ajm View Post
    I have lost power in one of my channels on my Peavey PV1500 Amplifier and hope someone out there has a easy solution to fix it, as I want to avoid sending it away under its 5 year warranty.

At first I thought perhaps it was a dodgy Lead, because when I gave it a bit of a wiggle it corrected the fault. However, on friday I could not get any sound from that channel at all and had to use my back up amp, which worked fine with the same leads.

Could it be in need of just a service which could be done at a local shop, or is it likely the case of having to send it to a Peavey Dealer.
    "Flexability - versatility and a sat-nav !!"

BeatRoute Mobile Disco & Karaoke covering Sunderland, Durham, & Tyne and wear areas.

No dont let anyone touch it---you will invalidate your warranty.

I cant see a service normally expecting to deal with that---normally the number one priority I would say is the cooling fan(s) which get clogged up with dust and fluff.

I asked my DJ shop about this after the 5 yr Peavey warranty expired on my Powered Mixer-- but they said if its not showing any problems and its ok for PAT---dont bother--its not like a van.

I hope you registered the equipment when you bought it--the dealers receipt is not good enough Peavey told me and the warranty is not transferable despite what ebay sellers tell you.

I forgot to register my first Peavey Kit

I dont know if the kit goes back to Corby for repair--never had a problem here in nearly 9 years use of the product.

Phone them and ask on 01536 461234.

I did register the Warranty, which I am glad I did, I just need to find the receipt from 4 years ago.
    Thanks for the Number you gave me.

I gave it a hoover and tested, all worked ok, also used some new leads.
    I took it with me tonight to do a kids disco, it worked fine.
    Just hope it's not an intermitent problem.

I did register the Warranty, which I am glad I did, I just need to find the receipt from 4 years ago.
    Thanks for the Number you gave me.

I gave it a hoover and tested, all worked ok, also used some new leads.
    I took it with me tonight to do a kids disco, it worked fine.
    Just hope it's not an intermitent problem.
    Only time will tell---best warn them now it might need sorting out.

I dont think you need a receipt--just Peaveys confirmation of it being registered.

They would have written you a letter from Corby.

I have one for my last purchase in 2009.

Without that they wont honour the guarantee ---far as I know.