Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Whats the best software???

Ots AV is easy to use and rock solid. I have been using Ots for around 10 years - I am now however in the process of switching over to Traktor, which in comparrison is amazing.

Virtual DJ for me. Does music, karaoke & video. Never had a serious problem with it, since version 7 came out, i dont think ive had a single issue
    Dave
    DSF Mobile Discos
    www.dsfdiscos.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by djdave01 View Post
    Virtual DJ for me. Does music, karaoke & video. Never had a serious problem with it, since version 7 came out, i dont think ive had a single issue
    +1 from me. Virtual DJ makes it all very easy and it has never let me down in over 2yrs of use. It does Karaoke, Video, plain old music and has by far the best compatibility list of all packages when it comes to controllers, sound cards and file formats.

It also has plugins to pass it's beatgrid, cue points and any triggers you might want to add to Freestyler if/when you want to go down the DMX route for lighting - giving you a lighting control through a single (or multiple) controller(s) as well.

Julian
    http://www.bristoldiscohire.co.uk - Quality Disco and Equipment hire for Bristol & Bath
    Weddings, Birthday Parties, Kids Parties, School Disco's and more
    https://julianburr.co.uk - Wedding, Family, Portrait and Product Photography

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Jules View Post
    It also has plugins to pass it's beatgrid, cue points and any triggers you might want to add to Freestyler if/when you want to go down the DMX route for lighting - giving you a lighting control through a single (or multiple) controller(s) as well.
    Julian
    + 1 for VDJ but use the Venue Magic DMX Plug in with VDJ to control my lighting as it lets you program your lighting on a timeline rather than just working with numbers like it is with Freestyler.
    UK EVENT SERVICES.CO.UK
    * Photo Video Guestbooks & Video Booths *

Based in Worcestershire and covering across the UK - Tel: 08456 43 48 49

I love Mixxx. It's free!

If your just doing music, then Traktor is the best, if your doing Music and/or Karaoke and/or Video Virtual DJ is the best. You can download a slightly restricted version of Virtual DJ try before you buy.

I use numark cue which is the same as VDJ?

I overlay the latest version with the original software so that it retains the auto slider function twhich seemed to disappear on later software versions.

I must be boring then as I still use PCDJ FX lol. Used pcdj since I started and never had a problem, never crashed, never froze and always done what I asked.

I'm using quite a old version as looked at upgrading but the newer versions scare me a little
    Maidstone Based Professional Disco
    www.lasersounds.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by jamesh View Post
    + 1 for VDJ but use the Venue Magic DMX Plug in with VDJ to control my lighting as it lets you program your lighting on a timeline rather than just working with numbers like it is with Freestyler.
    If I understand what you're saying right, that's where the Cue plugin comes in with Virtual DJ/Freestyler - you can add Cue points to the tracks in Virtual DJ and it'll switch Sequence/Cue, trigger an over-ride or call pretty much any other function in freestyler.

I still wish I'd remembered Venue Magic before I bought my DMXKing dongle

Julian
    http://www.bristoldiscohire.co.uk - Quality Disco and Equipment hire for Bristol & Bath
    Weddings, Birthday Parties, Kids Parties, School Disco's and more
    https://julianburr.co.uk - Wedding, Family, Portrait and Product Photography

Wink SOFTWARE!!!!

Thanks guys for all the input, just got in from my 1st wedding disco, used Traktor 3 on the 2 deck setting, will try the 4 deck when I get more used to it, took my cd's just in case and had to use them only once for a request I didn't have the track on the laptop yet, and just once more to play a few background songs while they were having the evening buffet, to allow me to answer the call of nature, found the Traktor 3 software really good to use just took a few hours preperation to organise my music files. Thanks again for the input really appreciated. Onwards and upwards, kids party tomorrow lol!!!!!