Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: New Years Eve Amounts Offered So Far from Clients

Double time plus the extra hours, So if you are normally £300 you should be charging £800

Quote Originally Posted by paull View Post
    Double time plus the extra hours, So if you are normally £300 you should be charging £800
    I think this used to work as a theory but you probably also need to factor in the type of venue and what your normal work is- our usual disco is a Wedding, but most NYE enquiries are pubs/clubs so just working out the maths to show the cost per person to the pub very rarely works- hence me not working NYE too often, or disregarding the double time plus £xx theory.

I have 4 on the year

Social Club - 5 hours - £400
    Golf Club - 6 hours £525
    Large hotel - 5 hours - £550
    Small Pub 4 hours - £350 ( they may require more time at £50 per 30 mins)

Quote Originally Posted by Vectis View Post
    NaD has so far handled quotes for a total of 322 "straightforward" NYE events with budgets ranging from £100 to £800, average of £327.

NYE 2011 was 308 events, budgets £100 - £820, average £335.

But December hasn't started yet, so the last minute panic merchants might push this year's average up a bit.
    Woo hoo! My £350 means I'm better than average!!

Quote Originally Posted by ukpartydj View Post
    I come on this forum to learn from others and to help those who need it, I know a lot about websites, design general business and club DJing / mixing itself more than quite a few people on this forum and they know a lot more about mobile discos, weddings and that side which I'm learning. ...
    Which is what these forums, online networking opportunities when you think about it, are all about. I've learned loads since I joined here (and, when I win the lottery, I can put some of the ideas in to practise!!) and I hope I've imparted some of my knowledge (probably mostly from my stronger points of business and business law as opposed to DJing!!) on to others who have then learned from me. Well, that's my hope, anyway!
    Dazzy D
    Lightning Disco & Entertainment

Born to make you party!

I'm at a hotel owned by friends, 15 miles away.

I'm doing the disco, times are 7pm-1am but there's a gala buffet, quiz and a male guitar/vocalist on too.

£300 but I have a room included to stay overnight, food on the night and breakfast included if I want it. Plus I can take a friend that's welcome to stay and eat too if I want.

The room is available all day, so I can set up early and get ready at leisure for the night.

I can have a few wee drams, fall into kip and then worry about packing down the next day, lol, as long as I'm done for N.Y day lunches.

It's not a fortune but I'm happy with the perks and I know I'll be in great, wholesome company too.

Sarah x

Quote Originally Posted by wensleydale View Post
    I read it as £4500 for 21 nights= just over £200 per night, which seems very cheap for December, but obviously there is a huge benefit to having 20 nights work in one place.

Horses for courses.
    nope

20 party nights central london @ 2k each (40k)

NYE 4.5k at another venue in the highlands of Scotland

Quote Originally Posted by ukpartydj View Post
    I personally don't believe you could get away with charging such a high amount, if you are then well done, you are probably laughing at me!
    this summer I did a 6th form prom - 300 18/19 year olds, I used my 3 subs and 2 mid tops and it sounded great, I cannot remember what I charged but it was a weekday and I think I charged £280 for it. Probably would have been £400 for a Saturday. I wouldn't say my lightshow is impressive, I am waiting on a custom framework for a new light truss and stand so it's something I will be majorly changing but your telling me that you are charging £2000 for a weekday with just 100 more guests?

Just for a bit of fun I thought what would I do if I had £4500 to spend on a NYE disco (as a customer)...

Hire a 16 KV2 subs with 8 KV2 tops (£1800)
    Hire 40 moving head lights (£1100)
    Hire very good DJ for £800
    Pay £500 for transport and install of speakers and lights.

Spend £200 promoting your epic night because you defiantly don't have over 2000 friends!

Pay a photographer £50 to take a picture of you and your epic wall of speakers for your facebook cover photo then spend another £50 on glow sticks because with 24 speakers you cannot be anywhere but a rave!

Maybe that gives a clearer picture of why I think £4500 is OTT, fair play though... doesn't sound so bad when you say only £11.25 per person, maybe I should try this technique.

Using genuine prices from http://www.ksl-online.co.uk

Damn those KV2's look nice!
    i will dig the tech spec out just for you and pm you tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by woody2 View Post
    i will dig the tech spec out just for you and pm you tomorrow
    I don't doubt the figures - I don't think it's for just a mobile DJ rig though (even a fancy one), which I think some people are assuming.

nope

NYE 4.5k at another venue in the highlands of Scotland
    You wouldn't get that round here!!

Dazzy D
    Lightning Disco & Entertainment

Born to make you party!

nope

Great pricing!

What do you put in for that out of interest? I have a few gigs in a central London Hotel but with basic kit with fairly good pricing but no-where near that!