Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: New Years Eve Amounts Offered So Far from Clients

4.5k for NYE and 20 xmas party nights at 1 venue @2k per night, first one was tonight

Cool

I have been contacted by the ex landlady of the pub who used me last NYE, she is now at a Brewers Fayre/Premier inn pub and wanted me as in her words i was `AMAZING` last year

Its £350 for 4 hours work and although its 30 miles from home i have got a room in the hotel next door so i may even enjoy a drink at midnight

Quote Originally Posted by woody2 View Post
    4.5k for NYE and 20 xmas party nights at 1 venue @2k per night, first one was tonight
    Nice going there Woody, Are you sure your calculator works though??

Quote Originally Posted by hammy View Post
    Nice going there Woody, Are you sure your calculator works though??
    Lets not be mean, I'm sure he has a perfectly good reason why he's earning so much - maybe he forgot to mention the £2000 PA he needs to hire to handle the stadium he's playing at?

Dorset DJ - Dorset based DJ service
    11:11 EVENTS LTD - 11:11 EVENTS LTD

I usually do my local on NYE but this year I am at my residency in town.
    8.00pm - 01.00am - £550.00.

Quote Originally Posted by ukpartydj View Post
    Lets not be mean, I'm sure he has a perfectly good reason why he's earning so much - maybe he forgot to mention the £2000 PA he needs to hire to handle the stadium he's playing at?
    400 people per night, so nothing OTT but 2 manky speakers and 2 lights don't cut it

maybe i should follow your business model and make £20 a booking?

bearing in mind i have been doing it longer than you have been alive, i know which route i will follow

400 people per night, so nothing OTT but 2 manky speakers and 2 lights don't cut it

maybe i should follow your business model and make £20 a booking?

bearing in mind i have been doing it longer than you have been alive, i know which route i will follow
    I personally don't believe you could get away with charging such a high amount, if you are then well done, you are probably laughing at me!
    this summer I did a 6th form prom - 300 18/19 year olds, I used my 3 subs and 2 mid tops and it sounded great, I cannot remember what I charged but it was a weekday and I think I charged £280 for it. Probably would have been £400 for a Saturday. I wouldn't say my lightshow is impressive, I am waiting on a custom framework for a new light truss and stand so it's something I will be majorly changing but your telling me that you are charging £2000 for a weekday with just 100 more guests?

Just for a bit of fun I thought what would I do if I had £4500 to spend on a NYE disco (as a customer)...

Hire a 16 KV2 subs with 8 KV2 tops (£1800)
    Hire 40 moving head lights (£1100)
    Hire very good DJ for £800
    Pay £500 for transport and install of speakers and lights.

Spend £200 promoting your epic night because you defiantly don't have over 2000 friends!

Pay a photographer £50 to take a picture of you and your epic wall of speakers for your facebook cover photo then spend another £50 on glow sticks because with 24 speakers you cannot be anywhere but a rave!

Maybe that gives a clearer picture of why I think £4500 is OTT, fair play though... doesn't sound so bad when you say only £11.25 per person, maybe I should try this technique.

Using genuine prices from http://www.ksl-online.co.uk

Damn those KV2's look nice!

Dorset DJ - Dorset based DJ service
    11:11 EVENTS LTD - 11:11 EVENTS LTD

Quote Originally Posted by ukpartydj View Post
    well this has been taken well out of context, I actually meant 20 gigs at woodys price does noot equal 4.5k hence The comment about calculator

Lol,i didn't read it right,i read it as 20 gigs at 2k a night 4.5k in total I'm going back to bed

Quote Originally Posted by hammy View Post
    Lol,i didn't read it right,i read it as 20 gigs at 2k a night 4.5k in total I'm going back to bed
    I read it as £4500 for 21 nights= just over £200 per night, which seems very cheap for December, but obviously there is a huge benefit to having 20 nights work in one place.

Horses for courses.