Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: New Years Eve Amounts Offered So Far from Clients

Quote Originally Posted by ukpartydj View Post

I don't see why I am not an agent? I organise a service for a client.
    How on earth do you make money as an agent when you are charging £170 for 4 hours?

probably think agencies are a bit of a joke, it's not for everyone is all I can really say.
    Agencies only get treated like a joke if they are unprofessional.

My wifes Barn and Line Dance Agency offers a fully professional service on the end of a landline 24/7 or by email.

She gets many complimentary feedback emails.

Its not that difficult

I don't see why I am not an agent? I organise a service for a client.
    If you organise, therefore you are, unless, your prime income is derived from hiring, say, tables, chairs etc and the DJ or Band is an addition to this.
    http://www.mikemooreentertainments.co.uk
    ...playing all the hits for you...
    ....wherever you may be .......

Quote Originally Posted by Solitaire Entertainments Ltd View Post
    How on earth do you make money as an agent when you are charging £170 for 4 hours?
    There are a lot of decent DJ's out there willing to do pubs and similar venues for £100+ I am of course talking about those that have another job. For those I only normally take £20 or £30 however. These are the sort of DJ's who will turn up, play music take requests and not give any real personal service. I used to be one of these DJ's when I started I was very keen to do a good job and fee's as low as £75 whilst I had another job was very low but also very welcome.

I know of 3 agencies other than mine (all far more established than mine) who I have got to know very well and they all offer jobs in the region of £125 -£175 for Hotel and Pub work ... small / medium sized pubs don't want to pay more than £150 -£175.

A lot of good DJ's who I know would rather earn £125-150 than sit on their arse. One of them who advertises prices from £350 on his website accepted a budget gig (£130) the other day because of this.

Actually I've just received an email from one of them I will list some of the prices they offer -

NYE - £250 (8pm-1am)
    NYE - £250 (8pm-1am)
    1st Dec - £150 (9pm - 2am)
    NYE - £250 (9pm -2am)
    15th Dec - £125 (7pm - Midnight)

And that is from an agency which employs 3 people to work in their office and have been going 5 years.

Dorset DJ - Dorset based DJ service
    11:11 EVENTS LTD - 11:11 EVENTS LTD

NaD has so far handled quotes for a total of 322 "straightforward" NYE events with budgets ranging from £100 to £800, average of £327.

NYE 2011 was 308 events, budgets £100 - £820, average £335.

But December hasn't started yet, so the last minute panic merchants might push this year's average up a bit.

There are a lot of decent DJ's out there willing to do pubs and similar venues for £100+ I am of course talking about those that have another job. For those I only normally take £20 or £30 however.
    I repeat, how on earth do you make money as an agent charging £170? Unless you have 20+ DJs out a week, it seems hardly worth the hassle.

Oh, and I have been around quite a long time and do know the industry very well, so please try and be a bit less patronising.

I really don't understand it either Darren.
    £20.00 here, £30.00 there...is it really worth the hassle unless like you said, there are multiple bookings going on in?
    I have a couple of DJ's that I use on a regular basis and a number of others I can call upon should I need them. They all either tell me what they want pricewise or know exactly what they are going to get before they do the gig. I wouldn't personally take on bookings and pass them on if it wasn't worthwhile for me to do it and I certainly wouldn't do it for £20.00 here and there. I trust this DJ's 100% but firing gigs off willy nilly (ha!ha! never used that term before) to anyone just to make £20.00 is a risk in my opinion (just the same as it would be if you were making £100.00 and didn't know them). Is it worth risking your name?

Just to go back to the title of this thread - 'Amounts offered so far from clients'

Sorry, but do we not tell THEM what we charge not ask them what they are offering ???? Or am I completely wrong ??
    Semi-Retired Multi Award Winning DJ

www.ultimateweddingdj.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Vectis View Post
    NaD has so far handled quotes for a total of 322 "straightforward" NYE events with budgets ranging from £100 to £800, average of £327.

NYE 2011 was 308 events, budgets £100 - £820, average £335.

But December hasn't started yet, so the last minute panic merchants might push this year's average up a bit.
    I hope so only had 2 enquiries so far max budget £250
    Bournemouth Disco's
    Making Your Night A Good Good Night
    http://www.bournemouthdisco.com

Quote Originally Posted by Solitaire Entertainments Ltd View Post
    I repeat, how on earth do you make money as an agent charging £170? Unless you have 20+ DJs out a week, it seems hardly worth the hassle.

Oh, and I have been around quite a long time and do know the industry very well, so please try and be a bit less patronising.
    Sorry I never like patronising people, you still don't seem to understand - I'm trying to explain.
    £20 is not to be sniffed at, and this is the minimum amount I will take, do you think I spend hours on organising DJ's and events? Sometimes it takes about 30mins sometimes an hour and a half to answer peoples questions and organise DJ's.
    I spend money advertising, every enquiry I will try and turn around - if it means I have to take £20 insted of my standard £40-50 I'd rather have the money for the little bit of work required than just turn it away.

I think you guys have got the wrong end of the stick here, I know that "DJ Fred" is great at kids parties and "DJ Jim" is good for older couples weddings. I ask a few questions to the client and then ask the correct DJ for the job to see if they are interested. If the event is a budget one then I don't ask as many questions, sometimes clients will increase their budget for a more experienced better matched DJ if I cannot provide a good match in their budget.

I am also a DJ if you haven't read my previous posts, so this money is on top of my weekends earnings.

Dorset DJ - Dorset based DJ service
    11:11 EVENTS LTD - 11:11 EVENTS LTD