Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: easy website design for an imbecile

Quote Originally Posted by safdiscos View Post
    yeah I see your point, however I would like to learn.. 'life long' learning and all that jazz
    I'm gonna start with that Jigsy site and go from there, il keep ya posted!
    I've made my own website and I love learning about it all, if you think that it's something you will enjoy I would say go for it!
    One thing I would say is that you do need quite a bit of practice to have a great website, I still want a lot of things improved on mine.

If you're ready to spend many hours of learning and think you're going to enjoy it then go ahead.
    If you don't mind giving it a go and having an OK, not great website because you're not willing to spend the time then go ahead.
    However if neither of these apply - listen to the other guys, get a professional - website design is a job in itself.

I often think the time I spend re-vamping my website I could have spent getting more work and paid a website designer, trouble is - I love it!

Dorset DJ - Dorset based DJ service
    11:11 EVENTS LTD - 11:11 EVENTS LTD

Try sitejam or wix. They are fairly easy to use sitebuilders using HTML 5 so they work on phones, ipads etc.

Quote Originally Posted by ppentertainments View Post
    Pay someone if your that bad - end of story

Negative equity to design your own, although i have made my ones
    I am always very busy, but it has taken some time to achieve.

The main thing is SEO - So build it with that in mind.
    If you would not know where to start pay someone to do it all.

My new one is being done on WordPress, which is pretty easy and looks great.
    Get someone to build it and then you can edit bits of it yourself.
    Your DJ - Mobile DJ The New Forest, Southampton & Hampshire. Toby
    https://yourdj.co.uk/

Wix is simple to use and if you look around the net there are usually some excellent discount codes. I got the 'Premium' package which is unlimited etc including domain name and a years hosting for £30

Mine is done on wix and its not turning out great for SEO

that being said I find some of the paid for sites very samey and don't show off the DJ that well.

I have a mate who does websites but wanted the hands on feel, instant update ability and total content control so decided against it. That being said getting on that front page of google is doing my nut in
    Andy P
    Disco Couture

www.discocouture.co.uk
    www.facebook.com/discocouture

I did mine and it's undergone several changes, and still changing.

I use Joomla as a platform (UK Reg do my domain name, hosting and email for about £50 a year, plus another £50 for SEO stuff). It seems to work OK, and with Joomla you can add loads of different components like the scrolling gallery I've got at the top of the home page.

It is quite a learning curve to learn Joomla, and you can buy a program called Artisteer to design your own template, but it's well worth the effort IMHO.

As for getting on the front page of Google - it's a lot of black magic, smoke and mirrors.
    They change their algorithms regularly and don't tell anyone what they are....it's very hit and miss.

What I have done though is to register with Google as a business. This way if you search for a mobile disco in Ely....I appear on page one. Need to broaden that a little bit at some point though