Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Thread: what to follow this first dance with....

Default what to follow this first dance with....

I've a couple that have chosen kraftwerk 'the robots' as the first song at their reception. they dont expect or want it played in its entirety or do a dance and they think it will be fun. I'm not so sure but mustfacilitate and am wondering what would be a suitable song to follow it with? I dont want to go too modern or alternative as to lose the floor that early would be suicide so thinking maybe a minute or so of this and then maybe 'my baby just cares' by nina simone (similar bpm) followed by something upbeat like stealers wheel 'stuck..' or chuck berry 'never can tell' - Ive asked them but they are quite indecisive and are placing their trust in me to make the right decision. thanks in advance.

A Flock Of seaguls = Wishing maybe?
    Steve Mad, bad & dangerous to know www.corabar.co.uk
    Better to study for one hour with the wise, than to drink wine with the foolish.
    The opinions of Corabar Steve are not necessarily those of Corabar Entertainment, or any of its subsidiaries

Quote Originally Posted by Corabar Steve View Post
    A Flock Of seaguls = Wishing maybe?
    thanks Steve - despite the recent thread on FOS I dont really know their stuff to be honest!

How about Just Can't Get Enough by Depeche Mode?

Maybe Love Action- Human League?

Quote Originally Posted by sweetie View Post
    I've a couple that have chosen kraftwerk 'the robots' as the first song at their reception. they dont expect or want it played in its entirety or do a dance and they think it will be fun. I'm not so sure but mustfacilitate and am wondering what would be a suitable song to follow it with? I dont want to go too modern or alternative as to lose the floor that early would be suicide so thinking maybe a minute or so of this and then maybe 'my baby just cares' by nina simone (similar bpm) followed by something upbeat like stealers wheel 'stuck..' or chuck berry 'never can tell' - Ive asked them but they are quite indecisive and are placing their trust in me to make the right decision. thanks in advance.
    I dont get to do as many Weddings as previously BUT the track that sticks out in my mind over the recent years ( depending on clients ) was Barry White--
    Your my first etc--

with LOADSA BASS

Quote Originally Posted by CRAZY K ROADSHOW View Post
    I dont get to do as many Weddings as previously BUT the track that sticks out in my mind over the recent years ( depending on clients ) was Barry White--
    Your my first etc--

with LOADSA BASS

After Kraftwerk?????????
    Steve Mad, bad & dangerous to know www.corabar.co.uk
    Better to study for one hour with the wise, than to drink wine with the foolish.
    The opinions of Corabar Steve are not necessarily those of Corabar Entertainment, or any of its subsidiaries

Quote Originally Posted by Corabar Steve View Post
    After Kraftwerk?????????
    ha.

Id made some suggestions previously and they went with one of them which worked a treat - Justice v Simian 'we are your friends'
    It was a young crowd so had a smashing night without too many oldies played. thanks for the help.

Depeche Mode ..... sounds good to me
    WOODY

As soon as I seen this I thought Human League - Love Action.

Then I'd go Depeche Mode - Just Can't Get Enough, then I think you can lead into a lot more possibilities.

Steelers Wheel is one of my all time favourites, as far as a wedding goes I have no problem playing it at all, just probably not too close to the first dance given the lyric though.

Hope it goes well.

Sarah x