Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Deposits & Booking Fees

I think I might have to be a bit more strict on my contract/compliments slip as I've been waiting for quite a few deposits for over 14 days recently.
    Discobox Entertainment
    www.discobox.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Ricesnaps
    Why on earth is this and how do the rest of you get over this?
    I email them an invoice as a Word file attachment, take PayPal for the deposit. Surprising how many of 'em use it - the PayPal fees on a 50 quid deposit are less than it would cost me in fuel to drive into Cambridge and put the cheque into the bank.

I do charge them £5 extra if they pay the balance by PayPal though...

Worcestershire, West Midlands/Cotswolds Border

Pagan.. take a look at a program called "broadgun" it lets you save word documents etc. as PDF files.. so no-one can edit them and people without word can read them.
    DJs, PA, Lighting & AV Hire, LED Uplighting & Wedding Lighting, Dance Floor Hire, Starcloth & Room Decor - Covering the Midlands & Cotswolds.
    Revolution Event Services Ltd - Wedding Lighting
    01386 898 113

With me, its also black and white. I give the client 5 working days, from receipt to get the booking fee to me, with the booking form/contract. No booking fee no gig, so offer it to others. I only blank out dates when I have the money. I sometimes have 4 or 5 clients running at the same time, but dont get double booked, as luckly I have access to enough available DJ's to do the work.

I do find though that sometimes I feel like an agency. Is that how agencies start???
    Kaira Solutions - DK Karaoke & Disco

Covering Leeds, Yorkshire wide, Central, North Eash, and North West and Southern England
    No hearing aids required, but sunglasses may come in useful.

Further to my previous post.

I usually email the booking form, as dont have it on the site yet, still under construction.

I also send it in PDF format, with a link to the Adobe site, where they can download the reader, just in case they dont have Adobe. By the way, I have the full version of Adobe Premier, so can convert all my documents to PDF, bought it for £12.00 over the net. If you were to buy it from a shop, you are talking £hundreds, I think.

Covering Leeds, Yorkshire wide, Central, North Eash, and North West and Southern England

Quote Originally Posted by Danno13
    Pagan.. take a look at a program called "broadgun" it lets you save word documents etc. as PDF files.. so no-one can edit them and people without word can read them.
    Or this one http://www.cutepdf.com/Products/CutePDF/writer.asp

Simple and free.

SET A DEADLINE---one of the principles of smart business.

AND STAND BY IT--confirm everything in writing.

I have had one recently like this--unusual--so I send e mail which says---if I dont have the money by next Monday then you leave me no choice other than to allow the booking to be offered to other clients.

You have to be hard or you get messed about.

Another strategy is to just say--oh someone else wants your date---even if they dont---do you definitely want it, if so please send the money by first class post etc etc.

You have to use your judgement---if it looks like a date no one else might book---then go a bit easier--if its New Years Eve on the other hand!

Now there was a Disco in the Midlands that did everything by credit card---that might be the answer--id give that idea A Plus!

HTH

CRAZY K
    Last edited by CRAZY K; 19-10-2006 at 10:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ricesnaps
    Does anyone else have problems extracting booking fees from clients?

It seems all my latest clients are struggling to realise that I can't confirm there booking unless I have there fee paid. I always state that a booking is only confirmed when I recieve the fee (and paperwork I hope) and that if someone else requests the date and pays before them they loose it. I am even very very generous and offer them 7 days grace where i will turn away work and keep the date for them.

However I was on my third round of emails this morning chasing up clients who haven't paid. Why on earth is this and how do the rest of you get over this?
    Please check my terms and conditions ricey paragraph 3 deals with this ISSUE

3. Please Note that whilst you are requested to sign and return this contract, failure to do so is not sufficient to cancel this contract or to disregard any of the terms and conditions contained within this contract. Therefore unless a written objection is received by this office within pm seven days from the date of issue the contract is assumed to be confirmed.

No more problems

Do any of you ever find yourself loosing track of the importance of certain dates. Very recently, I made the mistake of taking a booking (Christmas week) and only charging the normal fee. Forgot it was Christmas week, but thankfully, its not Xmas eve, or New Years eve.

You got an office then Badger?:teeth: