Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Thread: Setting videos to use as a fallback in VirtualDJ

Default Setting videos to use as a fallback in VirtualDJ

I've just put together an article explaining how to set up VirtualDJ to use a set of videos as a 'fall back' option when you play a track which doesn't have an associated music video.

You can view the article here: http://philbearman.co.uk/blog/2013/0...th-virtual-dj/

Hope it's of some use to people!

Phil

Thanx
    Usually use sonique
    but am getting tired of the same ones!

I use Pangolin's Essential Visuals plugin to "fall back" on when there is no video to the track I'm playing.

However, I am a very curious person so I thought I'd try out the Essential Media one as mentioned in this article. However, unlike the Essential Visuals, Essential Media appears to be a paid-for plug in and the linked-to download is a trial that is continuously interrupted with a Pangolin splash overlay. The first thing I did notice is that I had a problem with Adobe Flash (you need Adobe Flash Player Active X as opposed to Adobe Flash Player Plugin - as I found out after about an hour of research as the linked-to download wouldn't extract). An hour in, Flash sorted and on with the testing. The plugin appears to leave a gap of a blank screen when transitioning between clips - and performance was quite erratic with the system resources bar maxing out. However, this could be down to the clips I was loading being full-length videos. Maybe something shorter, therefore taking less time to load and process, and then looped might work better. I need to look in to this.

The idea of Essential Media is a good one for me in practice. In fact, I'd happily shell out for the unrestricted plugin if I could be certain it would work well on my machine (and also if the price was right - can't seem to find a price for it anywhere!!).

But thanks for the link, Phil. I can see this being a big advantage to those of us using VDJ who dabble in visuals from time to time!
    Dazzy D
    Lightning Disco & Entertainment

Born to make you party!

Quote Originally Posted by philbearman View Post
    I've just put together an article explaining how to set up VirtualDJ to use a set of videos as a 'fall back' option when you play a track which doesn't have an associated music video.

You can view the article here: http://philbearman.co.uk/blog/2013/0...th-virtual-dj/

Hope it's of some use to people!

Phil
    I'm sure it is of use to some people, but the link to your website is a lot more useful for you. We did discuss advertising - perhaps you'd like to sort something out?

Problem being as we all know flash has a tendancy to crash quite often, so is not the way forward.

sort of unrelated as its a different software program but the new version of serato video (finally) has media crate which you can load with some videos and it will display them on the screens when you load an audio file.
    Mix emergency has had this for years which its why is still kicking it in video DJ circles

Matt

Quote Originally Posted by Solitaire Entertainments Ltd View Post
    I'm sure it is of use to some people, but the link to your website is a lot more useful for you. We did discuss advertising - perhaps you'd like to sort something out?
    Sorry, didn't think this would be a problem as I was paying for a banner ad on this site at the time, and the article was a tutorial, (albeit with obvious promotion of my products within it!). Consider my wrists slapped - won't do it again

Quote Originally Posted by philbearman View Post
    Sorry, didn't think this would be a problem as I was paying for a banner ad on this site at the time
    My mistake. Carry on...