Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Thread: pcdj vj

Default pcdj vj

Hi All,new to this forum so please be gentle with me (lol).I have purchased a new laptop running windows 8 and find my pcdj vj prog wont run,keep getting message 'invalid skin file,error line% in the xml'.anyone know how to solve this?.

Hi there. I can't help you with your problem, but please have a read here:-
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
    Are you new to the forum?. Please take a moment to introduce yourself to the members in this forum section by Clicking Here. We've found that our members are usually more forthcoming with their help and advice when new members have taking the time to say hello and tell a little about themselves. So, jump right on in. Welcome to the MDD forum!

A new members first post is moderated, which means your posts won't be visible until it is approved by a moderator.

And finally, Please also take a moment to fill in your profile (if you haven't already done so), as it is a requirement of the Mobile Disco Directory Forum. This can be done via the User CP settings at the top left hand side of the forum - alternatively you can fast-track to the options by Clicking Here.
    ...then pop over to the newbies forum to tell us all a bit about yourself (we're a nosey bunch! )

Martin, I don't know either, but I reckon I know a man who should know. I'll check later.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Sounds like you changed the skin and it doesn't match the resolution of your screen so errors, probabbly the easy fix is to simply uninstall and then reinstall to get the default skin and xml back. You could edit the xml file but need to half know what your doing, I would try the unistall/reinstall.

Quote Originally Posted by shello20 View Post
    Hi All,new to this forum so please be gentle with me (lol).I have purchased a new laptop running windows 8 and find my pcdj vj prog wont run,keep getting message 'invalid skin file,error line% in the xml'.anyone know how to solve this?.
    PCDJ VJ was a variant of Virtual DJ and I think PCDJ VJ is no longer endorsed or supported by Atomix the creator of Virtual DJ and I would personally cough up and purchase VDJ
    when funds allow - that way you can get access to the support forums and downloads.

I took this answer from VDJ support:

The most common cause of this error is installing the software while logged in as one user (E.g: Fred) and then trying to run it as a different user (E.g: Joe.)

The other user is missing the My Documents\VirtualDJ folder. VirtualDJ will not run without this.

To resolve, please either:

(1) Install the software as the user you will be running it as.

(2) Manually copy the My Documents\VirtualDJ folder across to the other user.

Another cause is installing the software without administrator privileges under Vista or Windows 7. To resolve, right-click on the VirtualDJ installation file and choose Run as administrator. Also, we would recommend turning off UAC (User Account Control) in Windows Vista and 7.

This error can also be caused by installing an invalid or incompatible skin (E.g: Designed for a newer version of the software.) If this is the case, please delete the skin from My Documents\VirtualDJ\Skins
    Also sometimes if you do not zip the graphic and xml skin files together it springs this error.

I hope this helps?
    -------------------------------------------------------

-------------------------------------------------------
    www.vip-disco.co.uk

Default Thanks

Thanks all for the replies,still havn't solved my problem,however i'm now told windows 8 isn't supported with the PCDJ VJ prog.can anyone confirm this?

Hi All,just an update on this.I have found a way of running PCDJ VJ with windows8.Run the programme as administrator,its that simple!.