Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ITUNES 11!!

Default ITUNES 11!!

Has anyone upgraded this?

I have eventually found how to put back the sidebar which Apple seems to think is irrelevant (all DJ software use this), but am struggling to make even one playlist as its all coming up with artist/song etc. Its very confusing and I can seem to find the songs I want. i can but its taking ages as its coming up with all the other irrelevant stuff.

I have a gig tonight, Sunday and of course Monday so need it. Is there anyone who knows how to reinstall the old search mechanism that just puts all relevant criteria in the music bit.
    I will reinstall 10 tomorrow if not!! The last one worked fine without all this new crap they have added.

Any help appreciated. I can't see me getting used to this as it has been designed for home users and to make more purchases, but interacting more.

Big thumbs down Apple.
    Last edited by yourdj; 28-12-2012 at 01:32 PM.
    Your DJ - Mobile DJ The New Forest, Southampton & Hampshire. Toby
    https://yourdj.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by yourdj View Post
    Has anyone upgraded this?

I have eventually found how to put back the sidebar which Apple seems to think is irrelevant (all DJ software use this), but am struggling to make even one playlist as its all coming up with artist/song etc. Its very confusing and I can seem to find the songs I want. i can but its taking ages as its coming up with all the other irrelevant stuff.

I have a gig tonight, Sunday and of course Monday so need it. Is there anyone who knows how to reinstall the old search mechanism that just puts all relevant criteria in the music bit.
    I will reinstall 10 tomorrow if not!! The last one worked fine without all this new crap they have added.

Any help appreciated. I can't see me getting used to this as it has been designed for home users and to make more purchases, but interacting more.

Big thumbs down Apple.
    found 11 very strange at first but starting to get used to it now.
    making playlist is quite easy once you get used to the playlist window on the right.
    www.mobiledjcumbria.co.uk

N.A.D.J Member

North East & Cumbria branch Founder member

Here are some other problems - lots of unhappy people
    i am sure lots of it is just a matter of getting used to it, but not being able to actively search and drag and drop like I used to is a big problem.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread...art=0&tstart=0

Luckily Serato still reads it as it used to. I would be on my iPad otherwise.

How do you add things to existing playlists? like the old way of whittling it all down in to a nice list and drag and dropping?

Quote Originally Posted by yourdj View Post

How do you add things to existing playlists? like the old way of whittling it all down in to a nice list and drag and dropping?
    right click on the track you want - scroll down the dropdown to "add to" and a list of your exsisting playlists appear - click on the playlist you want to add the song to.

totally ar*e about I agree, and traktor isn't even recognising the itunes library so can't put things into traktor as I used to!
    Every day's a school day

Floorfillerz Mobile Disco

Simon Pridmore

Quote Originally Posted by simonp View Post
    right click on the track you want - scroll down the dropdown to "add to" and a list of your exsisting playlists appear - click on the playlist you want to add the song to.

totally ar*e about I agree, and traktor isn't even recognising the itunes library so can't put things into traktor as I used to!
    Its a bit of a faff compared to the way I used to drag and drop. A playlist of 30 could be formulated in a minute (assuming you have the tracks) but now the search function is subdividing genre, artist etc. it was much easier when it scanned for all of these and put them in a nice concise list to drag and drop as you please.

I have opened djay and found the tracks that way and dragged sand dropped into iTunes almost replicating the old system.
    I am still down grading if thats possible, before they mess up the serato playlist functions too.

iTunes? Work of the Devil, whatever version.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

I'm annoyed with the create new window disappearing - so hard to compare a CD track listing with what you already have on iTunes

It tunes out you have to press return to see the original search result bit which suits me.

It did however carry on playing a track last night after I unticked it, which was a bit annoying as it did not suit the function.

I can live with that though. The search thing was the biggest problem.

Here's a workaround for getting the playlist back on the left of the screen so you can drag and drop songs (as you used to).

Click on 'songs' at the top middle of your screen. This should show your entire song library.

Hit 'Ctrl' and the 'A' key at the same time, this will select your entire library.

Once all the songs have been selected (turned blue) right click with your mouse anywhere in the 'blue bit. and select 'New playlist from selection'.

This will open a window at the right of your screen, name it to something useful like 'Entire Library of Songs'

Now, click on 'Playlists' at the top centre of your screen, you'll now see the playlists section at the left of your screen.

Navigate to the playlist you've just created - 'Entire Library of Songs'

Now you have your entire library at your disposal to drag and drop into other playlists on the left of the screen

I know it's not a perfect solution, but it may just help some of you out. You just need to remember to keep adding new songs to the 'Entire Library of Songs' to keep it up to date

Cheers

Jem

Jem - Thanks but how does that differ from selecting 'Music' at the very top of the Library? Seems the same from my point of view.