Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dj Standz

Quote Originally Posted by TONYTIGER View Post
    There are lots of other options ,if you don't like the truss option i have seen some made out of Checker plate that gives a shiny metal solid truss you can buy it on line quite cheap and of course you can use tripods DJ Standz do a top fixture for moving heads and you can add a scrim you can also use a single aluminum pole with a heavy metal base if you want that minimal look.
    Thanks Tony. It is a work in progress for me at the moment. I would like something (possibly in white) that I can uplight. I do like the DJ Standz option. I may have to purchase a couple and modify them.

I like it a lot but I prefer the Equinox screens that I have to be honest.
    Ok, the DJ Standz cut out the need for an Ultimax or something like that but I can create the same look with the screens I have.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeW View Post
    Slightly of topic (hope you don't mind) I have asked them for information on a moving head podium which I know they produce. But they seem a bit shy in getting in touch!
    Hi Mike good news have just spoke to Dj Standz and they will be bringing out the podium stand in various heights and with a larger base very soon so hang fire.

Hi Mike good news have just spoke to Dj Standz and they will be bringing out the podium stand in various heights and with a larger base very soon so hang fire.
    Thanks for that Tony.

Well i found one in the sales at half price £ 275 used it last night had more favorable comments on how great it looked than i have ever had for my DSB,i suppose in the end its the public's comments that count not other Djs
    Quote Originally Posted by Shakermaker Promotions View Post
    I like it a lot but I prefer the Equinox screens that I have to be honest.
    Ok, the DJ Standz cut out the need for an Ultimax or something like that but I can create the same look with the screens I have.

The look is nothing that can't be achieved on the deckstand booth v2 yet rather than having to slot everything and bolt everything like you do on the DJstandz MB1 and has a flimsy top section that can be bent when people lean on it the deckstand booth v2 just folds out simple and easy and is built for life on the road.

Here a pic of one in a similar design but on a Deckstand Booth V2... We can also do that design in acrylic panels rather than aluminum which is cheaper and just as robust but available in many different colours and means the look and design of the booth can be as unique and bespoke as you want it to be.

Name:  ali front.jpg
Views: 260
Size:  63.1 KB
    UK EVENT SERVICES.CO.UK
    * Photo Video Guestbooks & Video Booths *

Based in Worcestershire and covering across the UK - Tel: 08456 43 48 49

At what cost,i would guess a lot more than £ 550 inc vat than the one in the picture but i am pleased to see that the DSB is taking on a new modern look as the serge cloths with or without Leds are now looking rather dated IMHO i have not found the top shelf flimsy and can assemble the MB1 a lot faster than my DSB and takes up very little room in my van.

At what cost,i would guess a lot more than £ 550 inc vat than the one in the picture but i am pleased to see that the DSB is taking on a new modern look as the serge cloths with or without Leds are now looking rather dated IMHO i have not found the top shelf flimsy and can assemble the MB1 a lot faster than my DSB and takes up very little room in my van.
    Cost wise it depends on design and material (acrylic or aluminum etc...) but to be fair it's not that much more expensive than the other covering we offer in the range. We should have a few different designs at the DJ Demo Day at coalville on the 10th Feb for people to have a look through. We've always said we are happy to do different designs rather than the wool serge cloths but that's what most people go for.

Speed of setup wise they must have changed the design then as the last time i saw it put together all the parts were individual and you need to slot and bolt bits in - but guess it's like any stand - the more you do it the quicker you get and the easier it gets.
    UK EVENT SERVICES.CO.UK

Would definitely be interested to see the acrylic panels on a DSB.

Quote Originally Posted by jamesh View Post
    Cost wise it depends on design and material (acrylic or aluminum etc...) but to be fair it's not that much more expensive than the other covering we offer in the range. We should have a few different designs at the DJ Demo Day at coalville on the 10th Feb for people to have a look through. We've always said we are happy to do different designs rather than the wool serge cloths but that's what most people go for.

Speed of setup wise they must have changed the design then as the last time i saw it put together all the parts were individual and you need to slot and bolt bits in - but guess it's like any stand - the more you do it the quicker you get and the easier it gets.
    There are now no bolts and it comes in three parts and two knobs to do up takes 2 minutes ,you still have not indicated what the price for the complete set up in the picture including the v2 to me it looks like it is a very close copy of the Dj Standz MB1 which has been around for quite a while certainly before your one came out.

There are now no bolts and it comes in three parts and two knobs to do up takes 2 minutes ,you still have not indicated what the price for the complete set up in the picture including the v2 to me it looks like it is a very close copy of the Dj Standz MB1 which has been around for quite a while certainly before your one came out.
    Really glad they have improved the setup of it - it was a nightmare before and from their pics on the website it looks like more than 3 parts to me but again that could be an old photo.

Also going back to an earlier point on the top section not being suitable for mobile dj use... event on their website they state "Please note these screens are not designed to take any weight." How many times do we get drunk guests coming up to us

Finally please check your facts on trying to suggest we have copied the MB1. I think you'll find DJstandz used to be a distributor for AED back in the early days of the original deckstand booth pro as they didn't have ANY full size stands only their CDJ stands and small bits like that. Then along pops their MB1 around a year or 2 later - funny that.

Price wise i haven't got the costs at hand as not in the office today but it wont be as cheap as the MB1. At the end of the day t depends what people are looking for. If they want a stand that looks like that and that's it.. go for the MB1 (although go and see it in the flesh and test it out first) but if you want a stand that can have the frontage that is only limited by your own imagination and can be changed at any time to keep up with trends in the market or for different type of functions then you are better off paying the extra and going with the deckstand Booth v2 or the micro deckstand booth depending on what size you are looking for.
    UK EVENT SERVICES.CO.UK