Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Numark DJ2GO.

Default Numark DJ2GO.

Well I've bought one! I must say I'm a little worried in case I get a bit too cutting edge with the rig, but this piece of kit is not as complicated or expensive as the MC6000, so I can just dip one toe in the water, with no fear of drowning.

For £50 it even comes with a copy of VDJ LE, which although obviously a cut down program, runs it fine. I first installed it onto the non gigging laptop, in case it upset anything on the gig one. It's basic, simple, and easy to get to grips with. The buttons are nice to the touch and it has more than enough controls for me at the moment.

It doesn't have a soundcard, so will be used with the DJIO which I already use, and though it has rotary volume controls for each deck, it's not really a mixer either. It does however have two PLAY buttons, and I can place it within easy reach, thus removing the need to use a mouse to play a track.

I then tried it on the gig machine, and soon found out that to use it at all on this, I had to update to Version 7 of VDJ, as 6 does not support any controller like this. Once I had done this, I got full functionality, and while I appreciate that this is a very basic piece of kit, it does exactly what I want it to do. If it lasts for any length of time, I'll be very happy with it, I feel.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Possibly an emergency back up??? What do you think Peter???
    Ralph @ Disco Magic
    www.disco-magic.co.uk
    www.toastmasterinsurrey.co.uk

"Creating Magical Memories and Exceptional Events"

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    It does however have two PLAY buttons,
    Well you should cope well then Peter

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoMagic View Post
    Possibly an emergency back up??? What do you think Peter???
    I don't see how. All it does is make it easier to use a laptop. Unless of course, you mean the laptop is not not part of the playout system, and is thus emergency backup.

I reiterate, it has no soundcard built in, it only has the most rudimentary controls on it, and basically it's just a pair of PLAY buttons. By itself, it's useless, but as something to make using a laptop easier, it's a winner. And it's about £600 cheaper than a MC6000.

However: From reading about such things on various forums, those who are versed in the dark arts of all things PC based can remap the controls. That's way beyond my capabilities, but it may easily increase its usefulness for other folks.

Quote Originally Posted by hammy View Post
    Well you should cope well then Peter
    I did ask them if they had a version with less buttons, for us technophobes , but sadly that didn't appear to exist yet.

Please refrain from mentioning the MC6000 as any kind of comparison to that plastic 50 quid kak you bought, that is all :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Wild View Post
    Please refrain from mentioning the MC6000 as any kind of comparison to that plastic 50 quid kak you bought, that is all :-)
    Mark, I must apologise for that, how thoughtless of me. I should have realised. If I'd paid about £600 more than necessary for a playout, and £150 more for a lighting effect, I'd be understandably sensitive as well. Please accept my apologies for my unforgivable insensitivity.

( And in future, before you splash out your hard earned cash on such things, it could well be cost effective to have a look at what I'm recommending. )

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Wild View Post

Put your claws away Mr. Wild!

I used it in a disco situation the other night, and I've got to say it does exactly what it says on the tin. It makes using a laptop much much easier, allows the lappy tobe placed wherever you find most suitable, and brings the Play buttons to hand. For the money, I can't fault it.

I'm going to agree with Peter on this.

I went to BPM to look at the digital controllers (and active speakers) and, to be honest, I was completely bewildered with the controllers on offer and some of the features they offer. Basically, I want to be able to improve my mixing from laptop trackpad and keyboard shortcuts and the DJ2GO looks like it's everything I'm looking for. I also upgraded to VDJ7 in the last month which, I understand, offers native support for the DJ2GO. However, I'm going to ignore the negative comments on the VDJ forums - I don't expect it to perform the same as high-end controllers but you get what you pay for and I think £50 to provide the functionality that I need is pretty much on the nose.

Anyway, I've now added it to my Christmas wish-list to Santa so I need to wait and see if I have been good enough this year!
    Dazzy D
    Lightning Disco & Entertainment

Born to make you party!

Quote Originally Posted by DazzyD View Post
    I'm going to agree with Peter on this.
    Err, you do realise this is a computer related product? Sure you don't want to phone a friend?

Basically, I want to be able to improve my mixing from laptop trackpad and keyboard shortcuts and the DJ2GO looks like it's everything I'm looking for.
    Just remember that the volume controls for each side are rotary, and very very basic. I simply leave them set and use the Denon mixer controls.
    I also upgraded to VDJ7 in the last month which, I understand, offers native support for the DJ2GO.
    VDJ7 is the way to go for full functionality. For anyone who hasn't got experience of VDJ, or simply wants a backup backup, the bundled LE version works fine, it just doesn't have the bells and whistles. It also saves nearly £200, so something for some to consider.
    I don't expect it to perform the same as high-end controllers but you get what you pay for and I think £50 to provide the functionality that I need is pretty much on the nose.
    I actually think it outperforms its price tag. The controls are responsive, the buttons feel nice, it's only the volume controls which don't respond well. I used the load buttons and search rotary more than I expected, and found them fine.