Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 90's disco

Default 90's disco

I've been asked to do a 90's theme disco at my residency on Saturday 26th Jan. I have a lot of 90's music but was just wondering which 'Now' albums cover this decade (I have most of them from about 8 or 9 but they aren't tagged very well i.e. no years).

Also anyone have any ideas of any albums that have hits from the 90's. I think it's mainly dance anthem type tunes like 'Black Box - Ride on Time' they want (yes I know it's 1989) although I've been given the reins on this one...

It's a 6 hr gig so need plenty to go on, although I may split it a bit, maybe late 80's early on and then take any requests for the last hour or so (usually mainly current chart music in there)

Quote Originally Posted by JAMdisco View Post
    I've been asked to do a 90's theme disco at my residency on Saturday 26th Jan. I have a lot of 90's music but was just wondering which 'Now' albums cover this decade (I have most of them from about 8 or 9 but they aren't tagged very well i.e. no years).

Also anyone have any ideas of any albums that have hits from the 90's. I think it's mainly dance anthem type tunes like 'Black Box - Ride on Time' they want (yes I know it's 1989) although I've been given the reins on this one...

It's a 6 hr gig so need plenty to go on, although I may split it a bit, maybe late 80's early on and then take any requests for the last hour or so (usually mainly current chart music in there)
    90s disco for me consists of

Jamiraqui - Space cowboy
    Bobby Brown
    Original (I luv you baby)
    Haddaway
    cece pensition
    deelite
    sub sub aint no love aint no use
    stardust
    soulsearcher
    long live lightboxes..........lots of em!!!

Now 17 to Now 44 as far as I can see

Ministry of Sound put out a 3 disc 90s collection recently with all the big clubby hits in it Mr Vain, What Is Love, Let Me Be Your Fantasy etc...

I've got a 100 hits of the 90s around somewhere. 3 discs too and think I got it from Tesco for £3 quid.

If you're not just reigned in to dance music you've got plenty of cheese to pick from - Saturday Night, the Doop Doop song chumbawumba etc...

You've also got all of the Britpop and indie stuff you could go mental with. I've got now that's what I call anthems (or something like that) lying around and you could pretty much leave that on play for both discs. Does everything from Oasis to Space to Garbage to the Eels.

Not that I'm biased being a child mainly of the 90s and all but there's some absolute top tunes from the decade. I'm jealous of the gig.

See here ofr 'Now' series release dates...

http://www.crustysocks.com/HTML/NOWALBUMS.SHTML

Quote Originally Posted by Jim - Scotland's Party DJ View Post
    Ministry of Sound put out a 3 disc 90s collection recently with all the big clubby hits in it Mr Vain, What Is Love, Let Me Be Your Fantasy etc...

I've got a 100 hits of the 90s around somewhere. 3 discs too and think I got it from Tesco for £3 quid.

If you're not just reigned in to dance music you've got plenty of cheese to pick from - Saturday Night, the Doop Doop song chumbawumba etc...

You've also got all of the Britpop and indie stuff you could go mental with. I've got now that's what I call anthems (or something like that) lying around and you could pretty much leave that on play for both discs. Does everything from Oasis to Space to Garbage to the Eels.

Not that I'm biased being a child mainly of the 90s and all but there's some absolute top tunes from the decade. I'm jealous of the gig.
    Already got that, only problem is the songs are all mixed in with each other so unless I play it in the order on the disc, the intro's and outro's aren't very use-able.

Thanks for the other suggestions though, will also have a look at the release dates for the Now albums...

Thanks for the other suggestions though, will also have a look at the release dates for the Now albums...
    Well according to that very useful list Jem posted, you're allowed Now 17 to Now43. That's 52CDs, I reckon you should find 6 hours there.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Already got that, only problem is the songs are all mixed in with each other so unless I play it in the order on the disc, the intro's and outro's aren't very use-able.
    I can recommend this one:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Floorfillers...7291046&sr=8-1

Not mixed and a great range of tracks across a few different genres for the decade. Some of the tracks are also extended cuts with longer intro's which makes mixing them a lot easier!

Julian
    http://www.bristoldiscohire.co.uk - Quality Disco and Equipment hire for Bristol & Bath
    Weddings, Birthday Parties, Kids Parties, School Disco's and more
    https://julianburr.co.uk - Wedding, Family, Portrait and Product Photography

You will have no problem filling 6 hrs worth of 90s music

Hundreads of big tracks - If your going down the club / dancey route remember
    you had the whole ravey era early 90s
    then along came the cheesy raggae era
    Massive rnb numbers from the us
    Then we had the cheesy house explosion
    then we had all the britpop remixes
    then we had the trance
    not forgetting the garage

If your going down the norm
    then loadsa cheesy activity dances form nineties
    boybands were massive
    Rock was huge with the whole Britpop and grunge scene

do a google search on 1000 songs from 90s there a lot we forget
    Last edited by Excalibur; 04-01-2013 at 03:39 PM. Reason: Fixed quote.

Cheese - Spice Girls, Take That, Five, Peter Andre, S Club 7, Vengaboys
    Dance - Livin Joy, Strike, Bobby Brown, Tamperer, Nightcrawlers, Faithless, Fatboy Slim
    Rnb - Mark Morrison, Ini Kamoze, Montell Jordon, DJ Kool, Fatman Scoop, R Kelly
    Indie - Blur, Oasis, Happy Mondays, Stone Roses, Pulp, Nirvana

Just a few of the top of my head.