Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Business cards, Your Thoughts

Nice layout and colour scheme etc, I'm just confused by the image. It's like a car garage (say Mercedes) putting a picture of a moped on there brochures! Yes it's an automobile but its not a Mercedes car which is what they are advertising!!!!
    http://www.premier-ltd.com DJ's, Dance floors, LED Furniture, Staging, Lighting, Draping, Audio & Visual Hire

If the bride hadn't been soft-focused and the cake made to stand out then, possibly, I could see the value of the graphic. But, as Shaun said, the entire focus of the image is on the cake. For my wedding disco business cards I use an abstract image (stock graphic) of the bride and groom holding hands. The image doesn't scream "I'm the DJ and I'm gonna rock your socks off at your wedding!" but it is a very romantic image that says love, romance, happiness and contentment which are themes that I try and bring to my wedding discos.

Other than the image of the cake, though, I agree with the other comments. I really like the layout. The "horizon" split is a bit different to the norm. The info text is concise and informative. The colour scheme of gold, white and black with stripped radiant fill is fine (although, personally, I prefer a single radiant fill from one area spreading througout the fill as opposed to the multiple stripped ones you have used but that's just me liking to keep things really simple and not too busy on the eye!).
    Dazzy D
    Lightning Disco & Entertainment

Born to make you party!

Hi, I think the card looks sophisticated, but confuses the product. I don't think putting a cake on the front will appeal to a target disco audience.
    I dont think there is anything wrong with stock images, and they are usually better than you can produce yourself, but choose something that links closely to your product, inviting the client to read the text.
    Http://www.heartandsouldisco.co.uk

Wedding DJ and Mobile Disco in Sussex and Surrey

The design is nice and classy, however to me it screams cake maker, maybe a nice photo of the first dance or something that involves your setup might be more in keeping.