Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Free Software!!

Default Free Software!!

I've not put this in the "1 day only" thread as I think it's available for more than just a day.

Adobe are offering the full Creative Suite v2 (CS2) for free download and all you have to do is register your details with Adobe.

Hope this might be useful for some members on here!

https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/entitl...=cs2_downloads
    Dazzy D
    Lightning Disco & Entertainment

Born to make you party!

Quote Originally Posted by DazzyD View Post
    I've not put this in the "1 day only" thread as I think it's available for more than just a day.

Adobe are offering the full Creative Suite v2 (CS2) for free download and all you have to do is register your details with Adobe.

Showing as site unavailable
    Semi-Retired Multi Award Winning DJ

www.ultimateweddingdj.co.uk

It did this to me earlier before I re-clicked through it and got the "register" page.

However, I am having difficulty installing it from the instructions given. It says compatible with Win 2000/XP but doesn't mention Win7 so I'm doing a bit more research first. Watch this space!

Hmm. Looks like it's not compatible with 64bit Windows. Anyone who's using 32bit WinXP (or above using Compatibility Mode) "should" be fine!

Looks like I'm still going to be using the free Serif packages!
    Last edited by DazzyD; 07-01-2013 at 07:26 PM.
    Dazzy D

Born to make you party!

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by DazzyD View Post

Cheers for the link!! always interested in some free software!!! Adobe have a lot more than i thought!!!

Quote Originally Posted by AndroidDJ View Post
    Cheers for the link!! always interested in some free software!!! Adobe have a lot more than i thought!!!
    You do know you have replied to a number of posts today that are several years old.
    Have a look at the top left for the date.

Name:  jghghjhjg.png
Views: 225
Size:  21.9 KB

But you are right Adobe have some amazing products now.
    Far from being free though, for the non pro general user they are super expensive.

Awesome option if you are a designer or photographer though.
    Your DJ - Mobile DJ The New Forest, Southampton & Hampshire. Toby
    https://yourdj.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by AndroidDJ View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by yourdj View Post
    You do know you have replied to a number of posts today that are several years old.
    Have a look at the top left for the date.
    Yes, AndroidDJ when you post in an old thread it shows up in the new posts area which a lot of us use to find new interesting topics. It can be a little irritating to have to find that no new information has been added, and you've just said the thread was helpful.

To be fair you've sparked up conversations with new info such as the dry ice effect, but prehaps only commenting on a thread if you've got a question to ask or if you've got useful information that others may want to know about? I don't speak for anyone else, just my opinion

Dorset DJ - Dorset based DJ service
    11:11 EVENTS LTD - 11:11 EVENTS LTD

Quote Originally Posted by ukpartydj View Post
    Yes, AndroidDJ when you post in an old thread it shows up in the new posts area which a lot of us use to find new interesting topics. It can be a little irritating to have to find that no new information has been added, and you've just said the thread was helpful.

To be fair you've sparked up conversations with new info such as the dry ice effect, but prehaps only commenting on a thread if you've got a question to ask or if you've got useful information that others may want to know about? I don't speak for anyone else, just my opinion
    I actually thought the Fog one was posted this week, but it looks like Adroid DJ brought it back to life with "Just.... Wow" and i thought it was a new post from Andy, so looks like I did not look at the date either.

Name:  asasdjksa.png
Views: 226
Size:  41.7 KB
    Last edited by yourdj; 31-10-2016 at 11:37 AM.
    Your DJ - Mobile DJ The New Forest, Southampton & Hampshire. Toby
    https://yourdj.co.uk/

Without wishing to be the iron fist in the velvet glove, the moderators are aware of this, and are acting accordingly. Thank you folks for pointing this out, but that'ss getting perilously close to a moderating decision. Thanks for your understanding in this matter.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Hi guys.

To be fair, there are no rules about not bringing old threads back to life. And I personally welcome it when new information and ideas are brought in to the discussion. Subjects move on and the forum can, and should, reflect that.

However, I can understand your frustrations when old threads are revived and the excitement builds when you see the potential of new things added to a subject you're interested in only to be disappointed when there is nothing new.

I would urge anyone to think before they post. Think "is there anything of value I can add to this discussion?" The forum isn't a never-ending space of information. It has a limit of space that our owners have to pay for. Which is why we had a spell where the most use phrase from us moderators was "please use the search function" because people were posting repeated discussions over and over again. We're not hear to stifle discussion or interaction with the forum and it's members, quite the opposite, but we have ensure that the quality of said discussions is right for the forum. That's why we're the best online resource for working DJs. Because we care about our content. We're not throwing up videos of cats doing funny things or pictures of our children's birthdays - subjects that are often seen on other comparative forums and Facebook pages.

Just something to thing about!
    Dazzy D

Born to make you party!

Auto close old threads might be worth a look!

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=255589