Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Thread: Karaoke for Mac?

Default Karaoke for Mac?

So what's the recommend karaoke for Mac? I'd like to trial it at a few events with friends ie birthdays etc before considering if I should invest. Karaoke has always confused me.

I've got mics, speakers, laptop, hard drives, external monitors etc, effects units, compressors etc. So I guess I need something to play the files.

Bonus points of it's something where you can adjust the speed, colours maybe even insert some logos.

I don't know about recommended, but the one which I use ticks all the boxes. Virtual DJ. I use it on a windows machine, but I'm sure it's available for the Mac. I'm sure there will be votes for other programs.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by SamV View Post
    So what's the recommend karaoke for Mac? I'd like to trial it at a few events with friends ie birthdays etc before considering if I should invest. Karaoke has always confused me.

I've got mics, speakers, laptop, hard drives, external monitors etc, effects units, compressors etc. So I guess I need something to play the files.

Bonus points of it's something where you can adjust the speed, colours maybe even insert some logos.
    i have used kjams and found it to be fairly good,and also vdj.
    www.mobiledjcumbria.co.uk

N.A.D.J Member

North East & Cumbria branch Founder member

If you can still get it from somewhere (I'm sure they have stopped supporting it) PCDJ-VJ It's virtually the same platform as virtual dj but I find the search option and plugins are slightly better to use.

I use vdj on mac with external monitor.... I also stream karaoke tracks from sing to the world for 6.99 a month
    SG Events
    Professional Event Entertainment
    www.sgeventsuk.co.uk

The thing that worries me about that is what happens if I don't have a good enough connection on my phone.

Quote Originally Posted by SamV View Post
    The thing that worries me about that is what happens if I don't have a good enough connection on my phone.

I did worry about that so i connected to my phone started a track up and 'imagining' signal was lost i switched the tether off as the track came up ... which should have then buffered but it didn't it played all the way through ... i haven't had any problems with singtotheworld

I do still use CDG Discs through VDJ to external Monitor as well.

And I have a 3g Dongle <-- That Helps
    SG Events
    Professional Event Entertainment
    www.sgeventsuk.co.uk