Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hard Drive Advice

Quote Originally Posted by katman View Post
    If its not a silly question.... why didnt you spend £3 more and get this http://www.novatech.co.uk/products/c...enclosure.html

Its backwards compatible with USB2 but if you have or get a laptop with USB3 your transfer speed will increase from 480M to 5G
    No it's not a silly question but at the moment the PC only has USB 2.0 I do supppse that fowardly thinking I should have gone for usb 3.0 for when I eventually upgrade the PC. And I also didn't realise it was backwards compatible, D'oh!

If you can go SSD, these will take far, far less power and so don't need an external power supply.

Prices of SSD's are now pretty good. I've got a 250GB SSD for music, it was around £150 from PC world (bare drive, I had to mount inside a caddy).

Something to consider..?
    Wedding DJ Hertfordshire
    Hertfordshire based DJ, also covering Essex and North London.

Cool has anyone tried these yet?

I've heard good things about the new solid state hard drives being more reliable in the long term as they (if i recall) have no moving parts. Has anyone tried one yet?