Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: No surprises when you book a dj based on price

Quote Originally Posted by Corabar Entertainment View Post
    ~I've just come across this, and thought it fit in perfectly with this thread:-

http://www.ukweddingbelles.com/weddi...ing-costs-2013

Some interesting information there!
    Name:  2013.jpg
Views: 375
Size:  44.7 KB

Love it

Brides outfit - £1300
    Grooms outfit - £180.

I will give my partner £180 and she can find the rest for her dress.

These prices take into consideration of bands and magicians etc.

Your DJ - Mobile DJ The New Forest, Southampton & Hampshire. Toby
    https://yourdj.co.uk/

Maybe I'm just not knowledgable on what things cost but £1000 on a photographer? I know they spend quite a bit of time after the wedding but seems a bit steep.
    On the other hand, only £300 quid for stag and hen nights? Guess these people are just going into town for a few drinks wearing fancy dress

Dorset DJ - Dorset based DJ service
    11:11 EVENTS LTD - 11:11 EVENTS LTD

Quote Originally Posted by Sapphire Disco View Post
    Quality is rarely cheap and cheap is rarely quality.
    Yep I think if I were to speak to someone who had originally spoken to me and then booked someone cheaper only for it to be a disaster I would tell them how sorry I was to hear they had a bad night and offer to do an anniversary party for them with a tiny bit of a discount say £10 or £15 out of the goodness of my heart ... bet they would take you up on the offer given their experience at the wedding

Default Nice idea

Quote Originally Posted by goldensounds83 View Post
    Yep I think if I were to speak to someone who had originally spoken to me and then booked someone cheaper only for it to be a disaster I would tell them how sorry I was to hear they had a bad night and offer to do an anniversary party for them with a tiny bit of a discount say £10 or £15 out of the goodness of my heart ... bet they would take you up on the offer given their experience at the wedding
    That is a nice idea.
    Lee
    Lee Live: Wedding DJ
    http://www.djLeeLive.com/

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by leelive View Post
    That is a nice idea.
    Lee
    Nice idea, maybe, but if a DJ spoiled my wedding day I sure as hell wouldn't book another one for my anniversary no matter what the discount. I think a lot of folk would feel the same.
    Dazzy D
    Lightning Disco & Entertainment

Born to make you party!

Not all cheap discos are poor.
    I did discos just for the fun of it at £100 a night.
    I have about 40 years experience and haven't skimped on gear.

We once booked an expensive DJ for a party and he was terrible.
    He thought it good to take the mickey out of everyone.
    Then he insisted on playing games all night when people just wanted to dance.
    To add insult to injury he thought it good to embarrass as many people as possible during the games.
    All night all we heard was his voice over the music. Truly dreadful.
    What one person thinks is a good DJ is not always what others think.

I once worked for a disco with four sets. We sometimes went to help out the other sets if they were a DJ down.
    One DJ thought it clever to sing along to all the songs he knew. Firstly he couldn't sing and sounded terrible. Then I a msure people went to listen to the tracks not the DJ.

After having 40 years experience of DJing it is always interesting to see what other DJ's think is good DJing.

Quote Originally Posted by DazzyD View Post
    Nice idea, maybe, but if a DJ spoiled my wedding day I sure as hell wouldn't book another one for my anniversary no matter what the discount. I think a lot of folk would feel the same.
    Some would but some may also look at it a cheap and poor quality DJ ruined my wedding if I book a professional for the anniversary who is being very nice and offering a discount will go a small way to make up for a the ruined wedding the fact that the good DJ is offering to do the function for a small discount because he feels sorry for them will IMO mean a lot to them when they are happy with the service you give them you could pick up a life long customer they wont want to risk going else where.

Quote Originally Posted by nigelwright7557 View Post
    Not all cheap discos are poor.
    I did discos just for the fun of it at £100 a night.
    I have about 40 years experience and haven't skimped on gear.

We once booked an expensive DJ for a party and he was terrible.
    He thought it good to take the mickey out of everyone.
    Then he insisted on playing games all night when people just wanted to dance.
    To add insult to injury he thought it good to embarrass as many people as possible during the games.
    All night all we heard was his voice over the music. Truly dreadful.
    What one person thinks is a good DJ is not always what others think.

I once worked for a disco with four sets. We sometimes went to help out the other sets if they were a DJ down.
    One DJ thought it clever to sing along to all the songs he knew. Firstly he couldn't sing and sounded terrible. Then I a msure people went to listen to the tracks not the DJ.

After having 40 years experience of DJing it is always interesting to see what other DJ's think is good DJing.
    Hi Nigel

From your many years of DJing experience, you're bound to have some ideas and tips to share with the others members on the forum and I'm sure you could still learn a few things yourself! So why not start by popping over the Newbies section to introduce yourself properly? You can find further info here:

http://www.forum.mobilediscodirector...w-to-the-forum
    Dazzy D

Born to make you party!

Some would but some may also look at it a cheap and poor quality DJ ruined my wedding if I book a professional for the anniversary who is being very nice and offering a discount will go a small way to make up for a the ruined wedding the fact that the good DJ is offering to do the function for a small discount because he feels sorry for them will IMO mean a lot to them when they are happy with the service you give them you could pick up a life long customer they wont want to risk going else where.
    I can see where you're coming from but I can't help but think that they were naive (choosing my words carefully there! ) to book a really cheap DJ for their wedding and it went pearshaped then they'd be put off for life. I think people would think "I paid peanuts for crap why would I pay real money for the same crap?". Some (in fact I'd say most, especially in the current economic climate) people just see pound signs and not see value for money. If this wasn't the case then they'd be no room for Sid in the industry because his market would've dried up.

Dazzy'D' - getting very sceptical in my old age!!
    Dazzy D

Born to make you party!

Quote Originally Posted by DazzyD View Post
    I can see where you're coming from but I can't help but think that they were naive (choosing my words carefully there! ) to book a really cheap DJ for their wedding and it went pearshaped then they'd be put off for life. I think people would think "I paid peanuts for crap why would I pay real money for the same crap?". Some (in fact I'd say most, especially in the current economic climate) people just see pound signs and not see value for money. If this wasn't the case then they'd be no room for Sid in the industry because his market would've dried up.

Dazzy'D' - getting very sceptical in my old age!!
    Good point and to be honest I cant speak for DJ clients, never really tried it but I do this all the time in my day business (PC Repair) "Oh relay you went to XYZ computers and they royally you over I am sorry to hear that I tell you what let me have a look at it I won't charge you my normal fee of £30 per half hour, if I can get it working I'll charge you a flat fee of say £40 + parts no matter how long it takes me and if I can't get it working perfectly then there is not charge."

very few says no thanks and when I do get the computer working (80% of the time) I can almost guarantee I have picked up a life long customer, ok not quite the same with a disco but if you overcome the scepticism and impress then chances are the results will be the same.