Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: No surprises when you book a dj based on price

Quote Originally Posted by DazzyD View Post
    I think people would think "I paid peanuts for crap why would I pay real money for the same crap?".
    I think that theory works really well with material items or food where people who have never tried something and don't like it think it's because of what it is not the quality.
    Where I think people understand more that an individual person rather than an object is more subject to quality change and personal preference.

That being said before I got into this game I did think - Wedding DJ = easy peasy just play Abba all night swapping between songs and talk on the mic about crap.
    I think people want to believe it because it's got an element of truth in it and it's quite funny.

Dorset DJ - Dorset based DJ service
    11:11 EVENTS LTD - 11:11 EVENTS LTD

Quote Originally Posted by ukpartydj View Post
    I think that theory works really well with material items or food where people who have never tried something and don't like it think it's because of what it is not the quality.
    Where I think people understand more that an individual person rather than an object is more subject to quality change and personal preference.

That being said before I got into this game I did think - Wedding DJ = easy peasy just play Abba all night swapping between songs and talk on the mic about crap.
    I think people want to believe it because it's got an element of truth in it and it's quite funny.
    I wouldn't say there's an element of truth in that at all unless you're not treating weddings as the individual events that they all are and approaching them exact same way you'd approach a birthday party.

If I'd to go back to square one or give advice to anyone looking to go into weddings it would be that the monetary gain is relatively less for a wedding than a party from my experience. Yeah you might make more on your bottom line as there's so much more planning, organisation and stress involved doing a wedding than any other type of function.