Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Tradesman v Dj

Interesting that no-one has mentioned supply and demand yet as far as I can tell- surely there's an element of that in all of our pricing?

Quote Originally Posted by TONYTIGER View Post
    Just a normal response
    Dear ........
    thank you for your inquiry yes the date you require is free and i am very conversant with the venue you have chosen for your special day cost would be £ 210.00 no vat there are no hidden extras and the package includes all lighting,you are quite welcome to supply a play list of some of your favorite songs and of course your first dance.
    A small deposit of £ 50.00 is required and balance payable at your leisure.A booking form can be downloaded from the site and you can pay your deposit on line or if you require for me to put one in the post just let me know,if you require further information or you would like to meet me please don't hesitate to contact me.
    Regards
    Tony Lyall
    As you can see just a normal polite response that i have been doing for many years ,perhaps he was just a but i always treat all enquirers with the same respect even if i have a instinct that they are going to be awkward. There seems to be plenty of feed back with out seeing my response which really has no bearing on the topic but here it is anyway.
    ...but that reply doesn't tell them anything whatsoever about you, or give them any reason to book you rather than someone else. Summarised, it says "It costs x. Do this to book."

(I'm also assuming that wasn't a straight copy and paste of your response and that the lack of capital letters, punctuation, etc is for expediency)

Just a normal response
    Dear ........
    thank you for your inquiry yes the date you require is free and i am very conversant with the venue you have chosen for your special day cost would be £ 210.00 no vat there are no hidden extras and the package includes all lighting,you are quite welcome to supply a play list of some of your favorite songs and of course your first dance.
    A small deposit of £ 50.00 is required and balance payable at your leisure.A booking form can be downloaded from the site and you can pay your deposit on line or if you require for me to put one in the post just let me know,if you require further information or you would like to meet me please don't hesitate to contact me.
    Regards
    Tony Lyall
    As you can see just a normal polite response that i have been doing for many years ,perhaps he was just a but i always treat all enquirers with the same respect even if i have a instinct that they are going to be awkward. There seems to be plenty of feed back with out seeing my response which really has no bearing on the topic but here it is anyway.
    It's OK, typical standard email you could send to anyone though, no real enthusiasm about their 'special day'.
    (and I hope it didn't go out like that, a few capitals wouldn't go amiss).

The first thing I see where you could make of it is that you're familiar with the venue. That's worth expanding on, a few words about some of the fantastic weddings you've done there (with feedback quotes and photos if you have them). Offer to meet them there and take them through the various options you can offer them etc.

I usually ask a few questions as well, colour schemes etc (especially if you offer mood-lighting)..

Ask them what music they'd like and what they've chosen for a first dance...

Getting clients to talk about their ideas means they're starting to plan the night with you.

There's a lot more but you get the idea.

It takes a bit more time but it starts to set you apart from all the other standard replies they'll be getting.

Quote Originally Posted by wensleydale View Post
    Interesting that no-one has mentioned supply and demand yet as far as I can tell- surely there's an element of that in all of our pricing?
    But there are loads of DJs out there. Might do a check on google to see how many come up in my area compared with joiners, just as a comparison and out of interest now you have said that.
    www.nkentertainment.co.uk
    The north wests premier wedding DJ and singer package. We will not be beaten on quality!
    www.michaelmooble.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Corabar Entertainment View Post
    ...but that reply doesn't tell them anything whatsoever about you, or give them any reason to book you rather than someone else. Summarised, it says "It costs x. Do this to book."

(I'm also assuming that wasn't a straight copy and paste of your response and that the lack of capital letters, punctuation, etc is for expediency)
    I really don't see your point the subject was about Tradesmen v Djs and nothing to do about my response the orginal response is no longer on record so this is just my version as i recall it the site gives plenty of information about me and there is a offer to meet but as i said this is way of topic and why you want to go down this route benefits nobody just let the debate run its course please.

I really don't see your point...
    Clearly!

The point is that the client couldn't see the value in your service, and so we were asking did you give him reason to value your service above other quotes he received.

The answer is "No"

Quote Originally Posted by funkymook View Post
    It's OK, typical standard email you could send to anyone though, no real enthusiasm about their 'special day'.
    (and I hope it didn't go out like that, a few capitals wouldn't go amiss).

The first thing I see where you could make of it is that you're familiar with the venue. That's worth expanding on, a few words about some of the fantastic weddings you've done there (with feedback quotes and photos if you have them). Offer to meet them there and take them through the various options you can offer them etc.

I usually ask a few questions as well, colour schemes etc (especially if you offer mood-lighting)..

Ask them what music they'd like and what they've chosen for a first dance...

Getting clients to talk about their ideas means they're starting to plan the night with you.

There's a lot more but you get the idea.

It takes a bit more time but it starts to set you apart from all the other standard replies they'll be getting.
    Whats this got to do with the discussion about Djs rate of pay compared to tradesmen and i did mention there music choice and first dance or did you miss that bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Corabar Entertainment View Post
    Clearly!

The point is that the client couldn't see the value in your service, and so we were asking did you give him reason to value your service above other quotes he received.

The answer is "No"
    Wrong he was moaning about rates that DJs charge compared with what he charges and that was from other quotes he had received from other operators,and at no time have said i was disappointed that i did not gain the job just trying to share the thoughts of one member of the public's perception of the industry,big mistake on my part it would seem.

Whats this got to do with the discussion about Djs rate of pay compared to tradesmen
    As I said before there are people that can command premium prices in all trades so comparisons mean nothing - getting that message across to clients means everything though, this is where I think you failed.

Wrong he was moaning about rates that DJs charge compared with what he charges and that was from other quotes he had received from other operators,and at no time have said i was disappointed that i did not gain the job just trying to share the thoughts of one member of the public's perception of the industry,big mistake on my part it would seem.
    OK, Tony. All skilled tradesmen charge £14 an hour, and telling a client why you give a worthwhile service is pointless. Anything for a quiet life