Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Subzero Entertainment Website

Quote Originally Posted by DeckstarDeluxe View Post
    If that is the case then why the heck was your website getting blocked by two forum members browsers?
    Well i dont know Deckstar, if i did, then the problem wouldn't exist would it.

Maybe their firewall is extremely strict. I have viewed the website on many computers, on different networks and not once have i seen the issue, so its nice to know it exists, so it can be rectified.

and it very much is the case.

friendly lot here arnt we........

Quote Originally Posted by mkindy View Post
    friendly lot here arnt we........
    Seems so

Could be a number of issues some website thats on the same IP could be hosting something nasty, the domain was already black listed and hasn't been removed yet. The fact that Google Chrome hasn't said anything about it means that its more than likely a false positive. May be an idea to speak to these AV companies.

Quote Originally Posted by SubzeroEntertertainment View Post
    Well i dont know Deckstar, if i did, then the problem wouldn't exist would it.

Maybe their firewall is extremely strict. I have viewed the website on many computers, on different networks and not once have i seen the issue, so its nice to know it exists, so it can be rectified.

and it very much is the case.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiggles View Post
    Could be a number of issues some website thats on the same IP could be hosting something nasty, the domain was already black listed and hasn't been removed yet. The fact that Google Chrome hasn't said anything about it means that its more than likely a false positive. May be an idea to speak to these AV companies.
    I don't think it's the IP (although that may be one factor) and I doubt it's a false positive. Although the domain may not currectly be infected, according to my AV (and checking through the Wayback Machine) it hosted an HTML/ScrInject.B.Gen virus problem as far back as March 2011...

NOTE - DON'T VISIT THIS URL UNLESS YOU'RE ABSOLUTELY SURE YOUR ANTI-VIRUS IS GOING TO BLOCK IT!

http://web.archive.org/web/20100328030541/http://www.subzeroentertainment.co.uk/

First impressions - it doesn't look or read any different to loads of other DJ sites (especially now ).

What do you believe is there that makes you stand out from any other site a potential client might visit? What do you do or what angle do you have that's different enough to attract attention?

Quote Originally Posted by Marc J View Post
    I don't think it's the IP (although that may be one factor) and I doubt it's a false positive. Although the domain may not currectly be infected, according to my AV (and checking through the Wayback Machine) it hosted an HTML/ScrInject.B.Gen virus problem as far back as March 2011...

NOTE - DON'T VISIT THIS URL UNLESS YOU'RE ABSOLUTELY SURE YOUR ANTI-VIRUS IS GOING TO BLOCK IT!
    thanks for that link Marc

i was never aware that we had an issue with the domain back in 2011, as you can see by the footer of the page, the website was designed and made by somebody else until i decided to give it a go. i will look further into this
    Last edited by Corabar Steve; 25-01-2013 at 09:03 AM.

You need to look at grabbing the customers attention from the off.

We've discussed the banner picture in your other thread, but the website doesn't tell the customer anything about you until they dig further. They won't, trust me.
    If you ask me, the huge banner picture is wasting space where you can tell the customer about you. Maybe reduce the size?
    Try perhaps producing a promo video showing people dancing or perhaps people dancing in pictures.
    Customers are interested in whether you are going to get bums off seats and on the dancefloor, not whether you have great setup. (Setup pics are good to validate your setup is smart but nothing more).

Make friends here and take a look at some of our websites. Personally I have spent a lot of time working on mine, it's not professionally done, but it is hopefully well laid out and engages the user pretty quickly with text, photos and videos, all without leaving the home page.

Quote Originally Posted by WWDJ View Post
    You need to look at grabbing the customers attention from the off.

We've discussed the banner picture in your other thread, but the website doesn't tell the customer anything about you until they dig further. They won't, trust me.
    If you ask me, the huge banner picture is wasting space where you can tell the customer about you. Maybe reduce the size?
    Try perhaps producing a promo video showing people dancing or perhaps people dancing in pictures.
    Customers are interested in whether you are going to get bums off seats and on the dancefloor, not whether you have great setup. (Setup pics are good to validate your setup is smart but nothing more).

Make friends here and take a look at some of our websites. Personally I have spent a lot of time working on mine, it's not professionally done, but it is hopefully well laid out and engages the user pretty quickly with text, photos and videos, all without leaving the home page.
    thank you for the comment Dave, you've touched on some very good point on which i agree on. The banner is too large with out a doubt. I have just visited your website, and i must say its actually very good, one the better ones ive seen.

I am here to make friends, and discuss, that's what forums are about sometimes people use it to air the dirty laundry.

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SubzeroEntertertainment View Post
    thank you for the comment Dave, you've touched on some very good point on which i agree on. The banner is too large with out a doubt. I have just visited your website, and i must say its actually very good, one the better ones ive seen.

I am here to make friends, and discuss, that's what forums are about sometimes people use it to air the dirty laundry.

thanks

Just shoot straight dice and remember when folks write something down the tone it is intended in doesn't always transfer across.

I'm sure dozens of members will vouch how much they have learnt from the forum and how its improved their game no end (myself included)
    The Cheltenham Wedding DJ
    www.cheltenhamweddingdj.co.uk

DDWES Event Hire

www.ddwes.co.uk