Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone going to the Pro Mobile Seminar?

I do think there's a fine line between trying not to be boastful and underselling yourself. If it's within these forums, then I'd accept that saying how much better you are than others isn't a great idea, but your websites main function is to sell yourself, which I'm not sure you can do if you're trying not to boast - surely this could be construed as a lack of confidence in your own abilities?

Sorry this is a bit off topic but its just my thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by LeapCreative View Post
    I do think there's a fine line between trying not to be boastful and underselling yourself. If it's within these forums, then I'd accept that saying how much better you are than others isn't a great idea, but your websites main function is to sell yourself, which I'm not sure you can do if you're trying not to boast - surely this could be construed as a lack of confidence in your own abilities?

Sorry this is a bit off topic but its just my thoughts.
    Not off topic at all! That's just where we ended up!

Boasting on here is pointless....there's no customers after all! I have removed a few negative-sounding lines from the site (concerning budget DJs, etc), whilst definitely leaving enough boasting to impress prospective clients.

I'm not going, and I wish they would STOP sending me emails every couple of days through anyone that will send it out for them. Recieving the same email 6 or 7 times a day is getting tedious and boring.

It doesn't make me want to go, it just makes me want to put whoever's sending me these in the spam folder.

We all know when it is, what date it is, who's speaking etc.

Spamming me will not make me want to go!

Anyway..... back to work!!

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Collins View Post
    ...I wish they would STOP sending me emails every couple of days through anyone that will send it out for them. Recieving the same email 6 or 7 times a day is getting tedious and boring.

It doesn't make me want to go, it just makes me want to put whoever's sending me these in the spam folder.

We all know when it is, what date it is, who's speaking etc.

Spamming me will not make me want to go!

Anyway..... back to work!!
    Funnily enough, I was thinking EXACTLY the same this this afternoon when the same email arrived via Mastermix and BPM within a very short time. (and these being just the latest in a long line of exactly the same email being received)

How many times are you going to email the same thing to the same people?!!!!!

I am going and looking forward to it - full weekend.
    It will be a great event without a doubt. Its a place to chat and learn about the trade at any level as long as your open to it. Things have changed in the industry in recent years thats for sure.

It amazing all the different views we have isn't it

From my experience knowing a lot of the attendees they are a great bunch of guys who most certainly do not look down on smaller operators.
    We have a number of newcomers in the HDA and actively encourage people with the right attitudes and are not full of Ego as that is what causes the problems.

I do agree that over advertising can have negative effects however and is very annoying!

I think the event will be worth its weight in gold vs the cost of it which is only one gig for most of us.
    Try paying £1,200 for Marbecca too as well as BPM which is not cheap with accommodation.

What I will learn from it all will pay it off as has happened in recent years. Im a happy chappy now.

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Davy View Post
    I take a few nuggets from each one that I use to improve the service I provide... And be confident about raising the prices!
    Exactly. I think you will benefit much more from this over BPM and the likes from an industry service point of view anyway rather than Kit and the likes. Will be nice to meet Jim Cerone.
    Last edited by yourdj; 30-01-2013 at 09:44 PM.
    Your DJ - Mobile DJ The New Forest, Southampton & Hampshire. Toby
    https://yourdj.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by yourdj View Post
    Will be nice to meet Jim Cerone.
    I would have gone but none of the speaker inspire me, with the exception of Jim Cerone. So I don't see that as value.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Collins View Post
    I'm not going, and I wish they would STOP sending me emails every couple of days through anyone that will send it out for them. Recieving the same email 6 or 7 times a day is getting tedious and boring.
    Maybe they're struggling to fill places? Just saying.......

I would definitely respect what certain keynote speakers have to say, like Mark Walsh, but otherwise I fear it would be a wasted trip for me personally. Having worked briefly in the US, they operate differently from us....and I think their customer service translates over here as quite 'slimy' and contrived. So I'm sure Jim Cerone would find it challenging facing up to us miserable and cynical Brit customers!!!

Nevertheless, good luck to everyone attending and hopefully you'll glean a lot from the seminars.

Quote Originally Posted by DJIanScott View Post
    Maybe they're struggling to fill places? Just saying.......

I would definitely respect what certain keynote speakers have to say, like Mark Walsh, but otherwise I fear it would be a wasted trip for me personally. Having worked briefly in the US, they operate differently from us....and I think their customer service translates over here as quite 'slimy' and contrived. So I'm sure Jim Cerone would find it challenging facing up to us miserable and cynical Brit customers!!!

Nevertheless, good luck to everyone attending and hopefully you'll glean a lot from the seminars.
    I suspect you only started this thread as a device to get your views across Ian - I think we've got the message now, no need to keep restating it.

Definition of 'Forum'.....A meeting or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged.

Sorry if I offended anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by DJIanScott View Post
    Definition of 'Forum'.....A meeting or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged.

Sorry if I offended anyone.
    That's my opinion as another forum user.