Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What do you think of this ?

Quote Originally Posted by funkymook View Post
    It's one of those things you buy and invent a use for rather than having a need for it already.
    Funny that. I once remarked why I would need an iPad and someone on here replied that if I bought one I'd soon find a use for it!!!! Hmmm.
    Dazzy D
    Lightning Disco & Entertainment

Born to make you party!

Quote Originally Posted by DazzyD View Post
    Funny that. I once remarked why I would need an iPad and someone on here replied that if I bought one I'd soon find a use for it!!!! Hmmm.
    Three of the DJ's I work with locally are now using iPad's to run their who nights (with no controllers or accessories other than a cable that splits the headphone output into a headphone line and a master output).

I'm not sure if this is another case of "I've paid all this money for this device - I must use it for something" or if there are real benefits to using an iPad over a laptop + controller (other than the obvious savings on back muscle).

Julian
    http://www.bristoldiscohire.co.uk - Quality Disco and Equipment hire for Bristol & Bath
    Weddings, Birthday Parties, Kids Parties, School Disco's and more
    https://julianburr.co.uk - Wedding, Family, Portrait and Product Photography

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Jules View Post
    Three of the DJ's I work with locally are now using iPad's to run their who nights (with no controllers or accessories other than a cable that splits the headphone output into a headphone line and a master output).
    So effectively a MONO twin deck with MONO monitoring. Sounds like the Simms Watt Disco Dek I started on in 1973

Now I said I would never have PC or laptop but I have bought an ipod and it works with by backup which is Icd3mix. So easy to use as well, not that I have used it at a gig yet.

I do realise Ipad was being discussed but I haven't got one of those.