Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: HELP!!! Malware alert

Quote Originally Posted by DazzyD View Post
    I didn't know if you'd gotten it sorted or not. I was still expecting a call from you! I hope you haven't lost too much important data as that is really when this situation becomes a nightmare.

But I really can't stress enough the importance of backing up your important data (although this might be too late for Steve right now). With the number of free, secure online backup services available now, there's really no excuse for not taking these precautions. And there's really no need to lose data. I use a number of these services and I've a free night tonight so I'll knock up a guide to online backup which, hopefully, someone might find useful.
    It wasn't too bad Dazzy. The only data I lost was easily replaceable. Many thanks for the offer though mate. Much appreciated

www.accessallareasdisco.co.uk

Proud members of the NADJ

No bother, Steve. Glad it wasn't too disastrous for you!

I can't find those recovery files I created that I mentioned earlier so I've decided to do it again. I'm going to put together a key with all the portable versions of all the software and files that are needed to rescue an infected PC. When I'm finished (busy at the moment so it'll be a couple of weeks away) I'll upload the whole thing to one of my online storage accounts* and will post a link on the forum so anyone who wants to can download it and create their own rescue key. I'll also include basic instructions on how to use the key.

*all of the software I will be using is free of charge and freely distributable so there are no copyright issues.
    Dazzy D
    Lightning Disco & Entertainment

Born to make you party!

I did the same thing Daz. I always seem to be the "go to" guy round here for pc problems so I put a bag of tools together that I can just grab and go out with.
    Plus I put together a quite comprehensive package of software for rescue, backup and diagnostics that I now have on my usb stick that lives in the bag, stick that I use at work and even on my iPod for real emergencies.

I also use Hirens Boot CD for when the computer is so far gone it wont even boot properly. A Linex Live CD is also handy to have around at times.
    Larry Basham

Can you play something with a beat ?