Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Thread: D.A.S. Audio, Looking for opinions

Default D.A.S. Audio, Looking for opinions

Hi everyone,

Relatively new to the mobile dj scene, although have been doing it as a hobby for quite some time. Over the past number of months I have been improving my equipment to a level that allows me to put on a more professional service to any clients I have, and finally have got some gigs that require me to have my own speakers, (over the past couple of months has just been bar gigs or a birthday in a club etc. all with their own sound system).

Now I have spent quite a considerable amount of time researching speakers on google, through forums like this and whatever means I could, and eventually decided that the ones that best suited my budget were the Alto Truesonic range, the active ts112a's and a ts sub 15a. But to cut a long story short I have been given the chance to purchase 2x D.A.S. audio action 12a speakers (http://www.dasaudio.com/en/p/action-12a-2/) and the action 18a sub (http://www.dasaudio.com/en/p/action-18a-2/) for a price that just cannot be turned down.

My question is does anyone have any knowledge on this company/brand of speaker or have they heard anything about these speakers? After all the research I was able to do on the alto's and other brands, I find myself at a loss when trying to find any sort of review or even someone who uses these speakers using google or any such means. The specs for the speakers seem pretty good, although I don't want to base me buying them on just that. Any insight or even just opinions would be greatly appreciated in this matter as the gig I need speakers for is fast approaching.

Thanks, Ajax

I've had a look at the specs, and they're impressive indeed. I have no experience whatsoever of them, and the only advice I can give is listen before buying, which applies to any system. Good luck.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

I was using a pair of DAS 15" passive cabs the other night for a walk-in, walk-out show. The sound was pretty decent with quite a punchy bass. The cabs were also quite light (compared to my own E-115s) so, as a manufacturer, I think they're pretty good and have heard an awful lot worse.

Mind you, these were just passive and I was running them through a Dynacord 1000 powered mixer. I can't comment on the active ones, though.
    Dazzy D
    Lightning Disco & Entertainment

Born to make you party!

Thank you for the quick replies! Yeah they certainly outperform the Alto's and any others I was looking at in that price range. Hopefully will be getting a listen within the next couple of days, will let you's know how I get on.

Ajax

My only experience with DAS was at a charity gig I did a few years ago where the band bought along a fully active DAS stack which stood about 7' tall and sounded great (but each cab in that stack had it's own wheels and it took two band members to lift each one into place!!)

I'd recommend following the advice already given - go and have a listen to them and a good look at the general condition of them and make up your own mind. From what I've heard about DAS over the years I don't believe you'll have any issues with build quality of reliability. I don't know if you'll have problems with getting parts & repairs though as they're clearly not a common brand.

Julian
    http://www.bristoldiscohire.co.uk - Quality Disco and Equipment hire for Bristol & Bath
    Weddings, Birthday Parties, Kids Parties, School Disco's and more
    https://julianburr.co.uk - Wedding, Family, Portrait and Product Photography

They arrived this evening, and I must say I am very impressed! I don't claim to be a pro or expert on speakers or audio, but the quality of the music coming out of them was amazing, the clarity is great, and the 12" speakers give a reasonable enough bass response without the 18" sub thrown into it all!

Unfortunately didn't get to properly test them out as it was getting late and didn't want to annoy the neighbours, but tomorrow I will get a proper run through with them, but so far I am liking what I hear!

Felt like a kid on christmas when they arrived lol

Name:  das-speakers.jpg
Views: 868
Size:  58.5 KB

Ajax