Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A different angle on an advertising video

Default A different angle on an advertising video

I had a spare couple of minutes this afternoon so knocked this up. It's more as to a what's possible type thing rather than a professional animated video.

Posted it on my facebook page too to see if there's any reaction positive & negative

http://goanimate.com/videos/0E8gU-WG...urce=linkshare
    Professional DJ & Event services inc Led & Starlight dancefloors, Venue uplighting

Derbyshire Wedding DJ - Wedding Uplighting, Dancefloors and Professional Wedding DJs

Awesome.

Its new , its different , and it works , excellent

Daryll
    darylldj.co.uk , serving hampshire , Surrey and sussex

Lol. It's certainly different. I like it.

Love it!

Thanks for all the comments. I was unsure of the reception it would get

Will look at doing a better one later in the week and include other bits in. That one was made on the free service so may well upgrade to use more actors , more scenery etc.
    Professional DJ & Event services inc Led & Starlight dancefloors, Venue uplighting

Derbyshire Wedding DJ - Wedding Uplighting, Dancefloors and Professional Wedding DJs

I found it uncomfortably awquard... I think its the text to speech voices. If they were real voices it would be more natural and work well.

I actually agree with Callum. I found it quite cringeworthy like a very bad / hammed-up acting performance. It is all down to the synthesised "text-to-speech" voices. They're very poor quality and sounds more robotic than anything even remotely human. It would have been better to use robot characters instead of humans. With the current "cast", if it were possible to overdub the animation with real human voices then, imo, it would be a huge improvement. Although there are some vastly superior and a lot more natural-sounding speech engines out there. If "GoAnimate" can utilise these (maybe that's why there's a paid for version) then the improvement would be vast.

But, from the comments on here I can see others like it so I suppose it's each to their own.
    Dazzy D
    Lightning Disco & Entertainment

Born to make you party!

Quote Originally Posted by Jiggles View Post
    I found it uncomfortably awquard... I think its the text to speech voices. If they were real voices it would be more natural and work well.
    Quote Originally Posted by DazzyD View Post
    I actually agree with Callum. I found it quite cringeworthy like a very bad / hammed-up acting performance. It is all down to the synthesised "text-to-speech" voices. They're very poor quality and sounds more robotic than anything even remotely human. It would have been better to use robot characters instead of humans. With the current "cast", if it were possible to overdub the animation with real human voices then, imo, it would be a huge improvement. Although there are some vastly superior and a lot more natural-sounding speech engines out there. If "GoAnimate" can utilise these (maybe that's why there's a paid for version) then the improvement would be vast.

But, from the comments on here I can see others like it so I suppose it's each to their own.
    Now, you see, that's one of the things I liked about it: if it were natural, I think it would be in danger of taking itself too seriously (and therefore coming across as pompous / self-important / negative marketing, etc), whereas the clearly synthesized speech gives it a more tongue-in-cheek feel.

Quote Originally Posted by Corabar Entertainment View Post
    and therefore coming across as pompous / self-important / negative marketing, etc
    I would go as far as saying that even mentioning your company in this is seen as being a bit boastful and corny. I think for this thing to really work is more of a general convo about how bad cheap discos can be then out to something along the lines of promoting the services you provide.