Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Thread: Ekho VX215

Default Ekho VX215

I have recently been looking to buy myself some new speakers and come across these passive Ekho VX215 15" speakers. Has anyone used these before or a similar speaker, what were you thoughts......

Quote Originally Posted by DJ jordi J View Post
    I have recently been looking to buy myself some new speakers and come across these passive Ekho VX215 15" speakers. Has anyone used these before or a similar speaker, what were you thoughts......
    They appear to be from the same stable as Prosound and Skytec.

"Easy to set-up; simply connect them to a power amplifier using either the 6.35mm (1/4 Inch Jack) or speaker wire terminal connections"

Any truly professional passive speaker cabinet worthy of consideration should have a couple of Speakon connectors IMHO

Quote Originally Posted by katman View Post
    Any truly professional passive speaker cabinet worthy of consideration should have a couple of Speakon connectors IMHO
    Indeed. I'm sure there's a maximum power a jack socket can handle, and I don't think it's as high as 500w RMS. The configuration of these cabs is tried and tested, and enjoying a resurgence, just about everyone seems to be offering something like this. The trick is going to be sorting the wheat from the chaff. Funny thing about these, is the specs seem quite good, but the hardware looks awful.

I'd be wary of buying anything like this "unseen". I'd be loath to pay money without hearing them played in front of me. I've got two pairs of cabs of an identical layout which have served me handsomely over a lot of years, but sadly the supplier of them appears to have ceased trading a while ago.

I find myself in an unaccustomed position of neither being able to categorically recommend or advise against individual cabs of this type, the best advice I can give is:
    1) try and buy from a trusted supplier near you, who will offer backup and service,and
    2)"Buyer Beware"*

* It would have been "Caveat Emptor", but that breaks forum rule 23.
    Last edited by Excalibur; 24-02-2013 at 10:08 PM.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

I probably should have made it clearer, but I have to agree with with Keith that basically any* cab with jack sockets isn't of a standard to be called "Professional" nowadays.

* Never say never. There's bound to be an exception somewhere, but it's a pretty good guideline. There's a Peavey offering I had a look at, the PV215 and quite frankly, I'd lay odds it's a rebadge. The specs are appalling, and it has jack sockets too. It's badged as a "Value" offering, but I wouldn't buy one.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Default Thanks

cool thanks, this all makes sense so i think i will stay clear

looking at specs
    •Height: 1130 (mm)
    •Width: 490 (mm)
    •Depth: 490 (mm)
    •Weight: 45 (Kg) **** I thought my Peaveys were heavy!