Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 3rd birthday party

Quote Originally Posted by STEVE HANLEY View Post
    Can't you contact the venue to see if they have anymore info the matter? They may be able to contact her for you
    that. She's the one that wants to book me and I've tried to contact her several times through various avenues.

If it was an actual booking I'd go through that route but as it stands what I've got is someone who has said they want to book me and then done nothing about it.

Sent an email to the address she gave me saying its still an enquiry and if she didnt give me the details i needed by tuesday id assume she'd changed her mind.

I dont want to let a client down but giving some basic details isnt too much to ask for is it?

Quote Originally Posted by Jim - Scotland's Party DJ View Post
    Sent an email to the address she gave me saying its still an enquiry and if she didnt give me the details i needed by tuesday id assume she'd changed her mind.

Dazzy D
    Lightning Disco & Entertainment

Born to make you party!

Ugh guess who finally got in touch

Oh dear.... did you pretend to be the speaking clock once you realised who it was?

Quote Originally Posted by Corabar Entertainment View Post
    Oh dear.... did you pretend to be the speaking clock once you realised who it was?
    It was an e-mail. Turns out that she has been getting the e-mails I've been sending to both addresses. She obviously just couldn't decipher the "I need your details to draw up the contract as the booking isn't confirmed until the contract has been signed and returned" DJ lingo

A guy I work alongside only does kids parties so is going to sort me out with tunes but given how much hassle this has been even to book, I won't be taking on any more int he future. If he wasn't grafting himself that day I'd have passed her on to him.

She finally sent the details through on Monday morning. I fired her contract and booking form through within half an hour.

I got an e-mail from her last night from the same address I sent the contract to saying she hadn't recieved it

I sent another one and given her a text to let her know it's been resent. If it's not sorted by Monday I'm just telling her I'm done with it and she can find someone else because this is ridiculous for what should be an easy gig.

It'll be the last time I even consider doing a weans party. I have less drama with weddings.

It might be worth mentioning the Justin Fletcher albums are good for this age group, also known as Mr Tumbles form CBeebies. The first album "Hands up" I believe had some dance-ish tunes of nursery rhymes, he has a new one out this week with more pop style songs. And theme tune to Gigglebiz is a winner.

Sometimes it helps when you have children of a similar age, otherwise I too wouldn't have much of a clue.

Hands Up is one of the album's my man gave me.

The bird emailed me today - "So what do I do with the contract?:

No disrespect to this woman but if I've sent her 4 e-mails and 5 texts saying I need the email signed and sent back to me, that's probably what you should be doing next.

I've ended up telling her just to have the dough and contract ready before I even set a stand up on the day.

I've just got a call regarding a full day wedding booking where the couple want to meet me that evening half an hour after I finish this "gig" which adds to the stress.

This will be the 1st and last kids gig I do. I've got to be more mercenary.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim - Scotland's Party DJ View Post
    The bird emailed me today...
    Oh dear, Jim. ...you've just made my hit list! (Ask the forum old timers exactly what I think of that particular term!!!!!! )