Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: 3rd birthday party

I sent her an e-mail letting her know that I'd received the contract back.

She's just sent me an e-mail with the text of MY PREVIOUS E-MAIL EXPLAINING THAT I NOW HAVE THE CONTRACT in the body of it asking if I had the contract as she'd sent it out on Friday.

This woman is nuts.

Hee hee... I think this gig is going to be a far greater punishment than anything I could do to you, Jim...... you're safe!

Quote Originally Posted by Jim - Scotland's Party DJ View Post

This woman is nuts.
    I think I'm dealing with her twin sister for Sunday's gig. She doesn'thave a cheque book, but wanted to pay for the whole thing in advance. Lovely. She asked if Paypal or bank transfer were OK. Absolutely fine, I say. I give her the necessary info, and she then says can she do the deed on Wednesday. I'm asumig she meant last Wednesday. but no money has arrived by weekend. I tell her, ask if there's any problem, and she says she'll check. Still no money, if it's not here by morning, I'll contact her again. Thing is, she's Echosigned a contract, so I assume she intends to proceed with the booking. ( And to think I castigated Shaun for his lack of trust in requiring the money before he sent the contract. Sorry Shaun, you may have a point. ) I can see this one becoming cash on the day. No matter how far technology advances, punters still manage to foul things up. Grrr.

Contrast this with the client who emailed me at the end of the week. He asked how to book, expressed a desire to get it settled as soon as, and said he would be away for the weekend, but would deal with it on his return. Sunday night, I got an email saying he'd transferred funds, the Echosign arrived minutes later, job done. Simples.

Quote Originally Posted by Corabar Entertainment View Post
    Jim...... you're safe!
    Good. May I tentatively enquire if this absolution applies equally to me?
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    May I tentatively enquire if this absolution applies equally to me?
    Hmmmm.... let's see how much more grief your client gives you before I make a decision!

Ah well tomorrow is D-day.

The guy I work with who does nothing but kids parties and won't touch a wedding with a barge pole says I'm mental taking on a party like this

Coincidentally enough I got an enquiry today for another toddlers birthday party that I wide berthed.

Snap. Mine's not a lot better, she's paid at last, but the timings have now changed for the third time! At least it's a christening, rather than a 3 year old's party.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

The guy I work with who does nothing but kids parties and won't touch a wedding with a barge pole says I'm mental taking on a party like this

Coincidentally enough I got an enquiry today for another toddlers birthday party that I wide berthed.
    You're a brave man!

Keep us posted. I'd been keen to see a playlist after the party, and any info of games/activities you include.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
    You're a brave man!

Keep us posted. I'd been keen to see a playlist after the party, and any info of games/activities you include.
    Games:

Who can sit quietly for as long as possible.

Who can carry the most DJ gear to his car.

Who can go the 2 hours without asking for Bieber

I've got a couple of bags of sweets for prizes but I think I'll just need to do dance competitions, maybe musical statues as it doesn't sound like they'll be capable of much else.

I got a call yesterday from someone else asking about a 4th birthday party. I politely declined the offer

The guy i work with does NOTHING but kids parties because he doesn't want the stress of weddings. I'll tell you what, there's not many wedding gigs I've done that I've been as apprehensive about.

I'm just hoping I don't get anything sprayed on my clothes as I've got to shoot off to this potential big earner client meeting right after it.

Sleeping Lions is a good game to play. See if you can stretch it out for 2 Hours!

I'm just hoping I don't get anything sprayed on my clothes as I've got to shoot off to this potential big earner client meeting right after it.
    It's probably too late to suggest now but take a second set of clothes ... I've got a selection of tie's a spare shirt and trousers under my seat at all times, along with multiple energy drinks and some baked beans a duvet and pillows. Because you never know what could happen! Good luck!

Dorset DJ - Dorset based DJ service
    11:11 EVENTS LTD - 11:11 EVENTS LTD