Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Thread: Alto TS115A Driver Replacement

Default Alto TS115A Driver Replacement

The main driver (15") in one of my Alto ts115a's has blown. Does anyone know if I can source one of these drivers in the UK as the Alto website says they have no recognised dealers in this country?!! They'd only done about six gigs as well. Got them almost new of Ebay on a private buy so no guarantee either. Thought I was being clever unfortunatley. Any help gratefully received.

Why not ask Alto dealers. I know http://www.andertons.co.uk/ stock them and when I have had questions and called them they have been very helpful.

Thanks Chrisj, I'll give them a try.

Just to close this out in case my experience is useful to anyone. The 15" driver on these is dead easy to get out. Just take the front grid off and there it is. Screws out and unclip the leads - (I did put a spot of solder on the new driver clips as they don't seem as secure). I tested the good one from the working speaker in the cab and confirmed the 15" driver was indeed not working. After some research I have replaced it with an: Eminence Delta 15a 15"

Nominal Impedance*

8 ohms

Power Rating

Watts

400W

Gigged it over the weekend and all seems fine. Watch the other one go now!

Default Cheers buddy

dalzeah

Thanks for your post... Whilst it wasn't my problem, you at least gave me the kick up the to take the back off. My Alto sub stopped working, very similar symptoms, light on, outputs worked etc. I have 2 subs so could really easily check cables etc. Finally took the back of and there hanging like a limp was the black supply to the speaker. Took of the main board, reconnected and good to go for the gig tonight x

Simple fixes - Love 'em!
    Last edited by Excalibur; 12-11-2016 at 01:26 PM. Reason: fixed censor avoidance