Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Intuit Card Reader / Intuit Pay to be discontinued!!

Quote Originally Posted by Spirits High View Post
    I signed up for Stripe earlier today, quick, simple and have just taken my first over phone payment on it!
    Sorry, I just found https://support.stripe.com/questions/phone-orders and since you've done it yourself it obviously can be done!

They do say:
    ...accepting phone orders or manually entering charges through your dashboard cannot be the primary method for accepting payments on your account. When you receive card information over the phone, Stripe isn’t able to ensure that you’re keeping this information secure—so you’re responsible for ensuring that you protect your customers' card information in accordance with the PCI compliance requirements.
    So they may start asking questions if most of your payments are manual. And PCI can be a bit of a minefield....

EDIT: More links: -

https://support.stripe.com/questions...o-i-have-to-do
    https://support.stripe.com/questions...ut-pci-dss-3-1
    Last edited by Marc J; 17-10-2015 at 11:10 AM.

If you're happy with PayPal's fees then Paypal Here gives you a card reader (well, sells you one for £59.95) and also allows card not present transactions, although these are charged more - 2.75% for Chip & Pin or Contactless, but 3.40% + £0.20 for magnetic strip swiped or card not present.

Just wanted to say a wee public thanks you to Marc J for his perseverance in getting my new Stripe payment form up and running. All working perfect now. Cheers Marc. https://www.elitedj.co.uk/pay/

Quote Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
    Just wanted to say a wee public thanks you to Marc J for his perseverance in getting my new Stripe payment form up and running. All working perfect now. Cheers Marc.
    You're welcome

Just a quick follow up. After switching to Stripe and taking my first card payment on the 16th the money has arrived safely in my account today.

Happy Days!
    Professional DJ & Event services inc Led & Starlight dancefloors, Venue uplighting

Derbyshire Wedding DJ - Wedding Uplighting, Dancefloors and Professional Wedding DJs

Quote Originally Posted by Spirits High View Post
    Just a quick follow up. After switching to Stripe and taking my first card payment on the 16th the money has arrived safely in my account today.

Happy Days!

Took my first payment on Stripe via the payment screen today. All worked as it should. Happy Days.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
    Took my first payment on Stripe via the payment screen today. All worked as it should. Happy Days.
    And I got £5 for my Intuit card reader on ebay - happy days indeed

Stripe just dropped their rates to: -

Our new price for users in UK will be 1.40% + 20p for all European cards and 2.90% + 20p for all non-European cards.