Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wedding DJ earns £320,000 for one night.

With a bit of practise, when he gets good, he might even end up in the same price bracket as J-Lo and Lionel Richie!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jiggles View Post
    I woulnt call him a DJ... Put on a CD and press play jump about a bit, fiddle with some knobs, collect paycheck!
    I didn't see David Guetta mentioned in that article???

Quote Originally Posted by Richie View Post
    Will that amount be taken into account on the next how much do you charge thread?

It could really affect the national average.
    It certainly could.

To be fair, though, my gig on Saturday netted me a cool £3,666,525.

Oh, wait. Sorry. It wasn't £ sterling. Just there's no symbol key for the Indonesian Rupiah on my laptop!!! *

*I did actually get paid in £ sterling but was trying to be clever as the Rupiah is currently worth 14666.10 for every £!
    Dazzy D
    Lightning Disco & Entertainment

Born to make you party!

Did you see the article the other day about Adele demanding £2.5mil for a 25min slot at someone's wedding?

That makes Calvin Harris look cheap
    http://www.bristoldiscohire.co.uk - Quality Disco and Equipment hire for Bristol & Bath
    Weddings, Birthday Parties, Kids Parties, School Disco's and more
    https://julianburr.co.uk - Wedding, Family, Portrait and Product Photography

Having gigged alongside Calvin Harris I can say he is a decent live DJ, he plays it quite hard though!! As for requests etc, nobody will get near that DJ booth, his tour manager will make sure of that!
    long live lightboxes..........lots of em!!!

Talk about the wedding markup!
    He's done venues around me with max capticity of 1500 for £15 per ticket which means he probably got £15k - £20k for it.
    I know Armin Van Buuren was charging £25k approx for a 2 hour slot a couple of years ago.

Maybe Calvin is producing them track especially for their special day, and all royalties go to the couple - £320k makes a bit more sense then!

Dorset DJ - Dorset based DJ service
    11:11 EVENTS LTD - 11:11 EVENTS LTD

Quote Originally Posted by leelive View Post
    My word! Calvin Harris is charging more than 1,000 times my average price
    http://www.mixmag.net/words/news/cal...wedding-dj-set
    Lee
    Lee, I thought all you Scottish DJs earned that kind of dough....

A friend of my family is very good friends with Tamara Ecclestone...and on her wedding day, Tamara gave her a cheque for £100k! Different world........I wouldn't mind just being their milkman at Christmas to be honest!

Lee

The country is in the and someone will pay that sort of money for a DJ. Its all wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by mattydj50 View Post
    The country is in the and someone will pay that sort of money for a DJ. Its all wrong.
    Why is it wrong? Rich people need something to spend their money on otherwise it would just sit in the bank earning more money for the banks who've been propped up by taxes paid by you and me that we'll never see a return on. The rich person, also, would just get richer. At least, when they're spending their money, other people are benefiting from it and (at least some of it) gets put back in to the economy.

That £320,000 paid to Calvin Harris would then (at least part of it) be paid to his road crew. Calvin will, inevitably, spend some of his own share which will benefit shops, traders, etc. As will his road crew with their share.

You see, people just see the figure of £320,000 and think it's an obscene amount of money. But they don't look at the wider picture - at the knock-on effect that this has on others. This is nothing bizarre or unusual - it's just very basic economics.
    Dazzy D
    Lightning Disco & Entertainment

Born to make you party!

Lee
    Calvin Harris is not even a good gig DJ, I saw him perform live many times and he isn't very much in tune with the crowd - it seems like he just plays what he feels like without paying attention to the crowd.