Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Speakers popping when adding plugs to same extention

Quote Originally Posted by katman View Post
    Nothing you do at the speakers will stop it if they are being fed the pop in the first place !
    Correct. My worry is that with active speakers, you have longer signal cables, and in close proximity to power cables. Short signal cable runs are preferable in many ways. One reason why I distrust actives.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by katman View Post
    Do the speakers still pop if you unplug the input leads and turn the volume down ?

If so, then it is the speakers picking it up, if not, then it is something further up the audio chain such as your signal leads, mixer or even the playout itself.

You say you get a pop on your home speakers as well which indicated to me that it is being picked up by leads or mixer etc. The reason it is so much more pronounced on your disco speakers is probably down to the fact that they are much louder speakers therefore more noticeable.

You need to prove exactly where the interference is being picked up. Nothing you do at the speakers will stop it if they are being fed the pop in the first place !
    I'm assuming if one set of speakers don't have an issue, but another one does, then it is the speaker that is at fault or the speaker does a bad job of eliminating the bursts compared to other speakers. I will try putting the mains conditioning extension into the plug instead of just feeding the speakers as mentioned and fiddling a bit with XLR's on Friday to see if anything changes otherwise I'll be looking inside the speaker for answers.

Just had a thought, I have no idea if it's just one of the speakers or both... that's a pretty quick way to make a good guess at if it's the speaker that is at fault.

Dorset DJ - Dorset based DJ service
    11:11 EVENTS LTD - 11:11 EVENTS LTD

Right, the mains conditioning extention doesn't help. Only one of the speakers has the issue. Think That speaker needs looking at.

- - - Updated - - -

Right, the mains conditioning extention doesn't help. Only one of the speakers has the issue. Think That speaker needs looking at.

Dorset DJ - Dorset based DJ service
    11:11 EVENTS LTD - 11:11 EVENTS LTD