Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Thread: American DJ Dua Truss/Lighting Bridge

Default American DJ Dua Truss/Lighting Bridge

I have been looking at this particular bit of kit http://www.americandj.com/ProductDet...temNumber=1542

One particular video on 'You Tube' showed the DJ mounting a pair of 'RCFs' on top of the winch poles and then putting the truss on top of the speakers. I've got a pair of Mackie SRM450's V1 and was wondering if this could be done, therefore possible reducing my equipment 'footprint'.

I would appreciate any views from others who have got this Truss/Lighting Bridge as to their opinion of it as well as a view on my idea above

Many thanks,

Ian.
    Ian
    www.limelightandrhythmdisco.co.uk
    Covering Herts, Beds, Bucks, Essex, Middlesex, & NW London ... but have been known to travel further afield. PLI & PAT - member of MDA.

I know you can 'fly' speakers from tri truss and that mackies do have flying points so it should be possible but remember the mackies are a plastic enclosure so anything attached would have to be lightweight or risk damaging the speakers. Also vibration from the speakers may have adverse effect on the lights. And more importantly the mackies tophat socket underneath may not be able to support the extra weight being plastic.
    When the world ends , ill probably have to clean up the mess.