Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anybody have experience of the LD Systems Maui 28?

Default Anybody have experience of the LD Systems Maui 28?

Morning all,

Been looking at these for a while now, the price seems good, setup time is rapid plus they look very transportable!

If you haven't seen the LD Systems Maui 28, here's a link: http://www.ld-systems.com/en/series/maui-series/

Just wondered whether anybody had experience with either one or two of the systems?

If I were to invest I think I'd buy a pair, but any advice would be much appreciated!

If it helps I mainly play mid sized venues with upto about 150 guests. I know sound is very personal, just wondered whether these were just a cheap nasty Bose L1 replica or worth a go!

Cheers, Matt
    Last edited by Shaun; 07-06-2015 at 03:53 PM.

Hi Matt,

Haven't heard the LD ones yet, but I fear it's just another Chinese OEM product jumping on the 'singing drainpipes' bandwagon! I've heard the Vertus ones from FBT - really sound good if you buy four extra subs....but that's a lot of dollar just for downsizing your speaker boxes.
    I used some LD active 12"s last year and they were dreadful! Approach with caution!

Quote Originally Posted by DJIanScott View Post
    Hi Matt,

Haven't heard the LD ones yet, but I fear it's just another Chinese OEM product jumping on the 'singing drainpipes' bandwagon!
    A) They're made in Germany

B) They're a totally different product to the 12" actives & comparing them to such is a bit daft if you haven't even heard a set. They're a totally different design, they're bound to sound different.

C) They're actually quite good. If I could justify the expenditure of replacing the speakers in all of our rigs with them I would
    Steve Mad, bad & dangerous to know www.corabar.co.uk
    Better to study for one hour with the wise, than to drink wine with the foolish.
    The opinions of Corabar Steve are not necessarily those of Corabar Entertainment, or any of its subsidiaries

Agree with Steve, for the price - a nice system.
    Best to go and have a listen, but I've had mine for about 18 months and still happy. I have the bags, so other than a minor scuff on the side of one sub, they're still in very good condition.

I'm not looking to upgrade, so don't really know other options for similar price.
    Wedding DJ Hertfordshire
    Hertfordshire based DJ, also covering Essex and North London.

Would love to have a listen but sadly I'm stuck on the Isle of Man with no outlet here, back in Manchester in a few weeks, may have to see who has one there and go for a listen!

Jason, you obviously have a system. Do you use one or two of them? Do you ever struggle for power with them?

Cheers, Matt

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=m_LhhKeI7WQ

The more I look into these the more I'm liking them I think I'm going to sell all my big old passive speakers bar one pair for back up and go for them.

Just wondering if I could use them for bigger gigs with a pair of 15" standard speakers up on stands, do you think it would work ?

Quote Originally Posted by Sapphire Disco View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=m_LhhKeI7WQ

The more I look into these the more I'm liking them I think I'm going to sell all my big old passive speakers bar one pair for back up and go for them.

Just wondering if I could use them for bigger gigs with a pair of 15" standard speakers up on stands, do you think it would work ?
    RSD Music aren't too far from you and usually have them in stock if you wanted a demo.

Quote Originally Posted by funkymook View Post
    RSD Music aren't too far from you and usually have them in stock if you wanted a demo.
    That's true I drive very close to them on my way to my shop every day I'll drop in and have a listen.

RSD have the Maui 11, Maui 28, FBT Vertus and Bose L1S/B2 all side by side ready to compare.

Quote Originally Posted by MFEntertainment View Post
    Would love to have a listen but sadly I'm stuck on the Isle of Man with no outlet here, back in Manchester in a few weeks, may have to see who has one there and go for a listen!

Jason, you obviously have a system. Do you use one or two of them? Do you ever struggle for power with them?

Cheers, Matt

Hi Matt - sorry for not replying sooner.
    Yes, I've got a pair. A typical event for me is around 100-150 guests.
    I've not had a problem with power output. It may depend on your market, but for a function/wedding DJ, they're fine. If you're needing big, in your face bass, you'll need reinforcements or a different system.

For the price when I brought them, it was good value and for me, a step-up in sound for the Mackie 450s I was using.
    I loaned my pair to Steve who also went on the buy a system.

However, I'd still advise anyone to go and listen to the and compare against other systems in your budget.

Cheers,
    Jason
    Wedding DJ Hertfordshire
    Hertfordshire based DJ, also covering Essex and North London.