Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Grand Central Station Hotel, Glasgow - Access Issues

Quote Originally Posted by Corabar Entertainment View Post
    Ever considered that Lee is making it all up to see off the competition?
    I wish he was. It's a notorious venue.

Just as an aside Lee.

Did anyone ask to see all of the guff they ask you to provide?

I've got copies of my PAT and PLI in my laptop case at all times but from what I hear, they aren't too sharp at chasing even that up so I don't particularly feel the need to come up with method statements and risk assessments that will never be asked for.

Default Legal Stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Jim - Scotland's Party DJ View Post
    Just as an aside Lee.

Did anyone ask to see all of the guff they ask you to provide?

I've got copies of my PAT and PLI in my laptop case at all times but from what I hear, they aren't too sharp at chasing even that up so I don't particularly feel the need to come up with method statements and risk assessments that will never be asked for.
    No. Unlike their sister hotel, The George in Edinburgh, they didn't ask to see any documents.

Lee
    Lee Live: Wedding DJ
    http://www.djLeeLive.com/

Off there for an overnight with the missus after she won a competition. Free wine and some champers which is incredibly handy given I'm trying to stay off the bevvy until October

Going to get a walk through of the load so I know exactly what to expect. Had a client meeting there earlier in the week and upsold some mood lighting

D-Day tomorrow.

Sent the paperwork through via e-mail last week and not even had a courtesy response to say it's been received. Typical.

I don't know how practical or sensible this is but I was talking to a buddy from a band that does the GCH Xmas party nights and he said that they park in the little loading bay inshot across from the Tempus restaurant entrance on Hope Street (just before you have to turn left as the bus lane starts) and load into the Tempus / Deli Central entrance from there.

I can't see it being any easier as you've not even got the option of the lift here but it's another option I suppose if you don't mind crossing a busy street with tonnes of gear!!!

On the upside I'm doing Sloane's in a few weeks and instead of the venue's idea to park up with the hazards on in Argyle Street outside the main entrance lane (aka double yellows, bus stops and zebra crossings ville) just isn't happening.

I'm planning on parking in the Mitchell Street NCP and hustling the gear from there which is going to be an even bigger pain in the backside than GCH.

FINAL REPORT:

Load in was a pain in the arse - I live less than 6 miles from the place and with a 12 o clock finish I didn't get in the house till half 2!!! Thank god for wireless mood lights or I'd have been there for breakfast this morning.

Had a roadie for loading in but dealt with load out myself. Will probably do the same in future. The distance and time doesn't really bother me but you don't want to be ing around before a gig with the clock ticking.

Word of warning - they've retrofitting the small lift (the closest one to the loading bay, not the main one you use the service key for) where instead of the inside cage that you pull across, it now has a metal sliding plate (a bit like in a service hatch) which slides from the top of the lift.

My roadie ended up stuck in there untill he managed to find the latch to unlock the outer door - none of the staff seemed to know the new way the lift worked... it was lucky he'd been in the lift to unlock it from the inside, if I'd just put my gear in and tried to send it up, it would have been stuck in there.

Absolute nightmare getting out too which culminated in a flat battery in that horrible little catacomb of a load in bay but that is for another story. Just beware of that lift next time you're doing it. From here on in I'm going to try and always use the big lifts that use the service key.