Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 18th birthdays........ god do i really have to do them ?

Default 18th birthdays........ god do i really have to do them ?

3rd 18th i've done in 5 weeks, glass fights chairs on the dance floor bar being closed early police....... is it really worth £220 ?

answer no

18th birthdays are now a min booking of £250 and a £100 cash deposit to cover damages to be given back at the end of the night

we now do 18th's in twos, normally we set up and one of us goes home them comes back but now we stay together.

is it just us that has problem 18th birthday partys ??

I don`t do them, I won`t do them, Too much hassl.

If you don't like doing them then simply don't, plenty of other events in your local area that require some sort of entertainment service.
    The Cheltenham Wedding DJ
    www.cheltenhamweddingdj.co.uk

DDWES Event Hire

www.ddwes.co.uk

As said above, don't do them! It's as simple as that really isn't it? Nobody can make you do something you don't want to although if it's a money thing and bookings are thin on the ground then I can understand that you wouldn't want to turn work away.

I've done quite a few 18th's but none in the last year and I have had no problems whatsoever.
    I have an 18th coming up in June at a golf club and I didn't have a problem taking it on.

I think I must be the only Dj that HASN'T experienced trouble at an 18th. I have witnessed/been part of near riots but never at an eighteenth.

I find 18th's no more troublesome than any other. The worst incident I've seen for ages happened a fortnight ago at a function with very mixed age groups, with a crowd that I and the venue staff would previously have forecast to be one of the most good natured we'd seen, and likely to be good as gold. You can't forecast trouble, and generalise to any extent.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

I choose not to do teenage parties or 21st birthdays, not because I've experienced any more trouble than at other gigs, but due to the volume of pap I'd have to play!
    Jonathan Ford's Travelling Discotheque http://www.jftd.co.uk/
    Thoughtful mobile disco entertainment across the Midlands

Quote Originally Posted by dj foureyes View Post
    I think I must be the only Dj that HASN'T experienced trouble at an 18th. I have witnessed/been part of near riots but never at an eighteenth.
    +1

Personally I for one have seen more trouble at weddings than any 18th or 21st Birthday, I blame the DJ they just play the devil's music!

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan Ford View Post
    I choose not to do teenage parties or 21st birthdays, not because I've experienced any more trouble than at other gigs, but due to the volume of pap I'd have to play!

And that's one good reason why I don't mind doing them. The getting of knowledge. Find out what's hot, and cherry pick the more suitable ones for general use. Also, while I share Jonathan's views on much of the music, it's still nice to play something different. When you've spent as many years as I have playing The Usual Suspects at sensible levels, it's nice to play something different with all levels at eleven. Currently, I'm sound checking with Skrillex at most gigs for instance.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

I tend to avoid 18th & 21st that are in dodgy venues, or when its not a 'family' event.

I did a 21st on Friday past, no trouble at all and a very nice family.

The last 18th I did that was in a rough area, and was mainly just her 18 year old friends, lasted all of 45 minutes after two males started fighting and the management stopped the party.
    Dave
    DSF Mobile Discos
    www.dsfdiscos.co.uk