Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Thread: Where is the best places to advertise your services?

Default Where is the best places to advertise your services?

Hi Guys
    I have been away from DJing way too long and I need to start getting bookings again. Is there anywhere else you would recommend advertising?
    I'm a full time Magician/Hypnotist and have been promoting myself through industry websites that have always seemed to work quite well (some better than others) I also use google adwords in a small scale when business is slow. If I can return the favour with kids entertainment or similar advise just ask.

Thanks in advance

James

I'd say a decent website and having it optimised for Google is the most important thing.

Thanks Solitaire
    Magic & Hypnosis www.James-Kennedy.co.uk Discos & Event Managment www.EntsHQ.co.uk

Default Advertising

Hi James

Most of my work comes from people finding my website on Google.
    Some of it from Wedding Fairs. Wedding Magazines and chat forums. But now a lot is from Word of Mouth.

Whatever websites are on the first page of Google for your keywords then PAY whatever is required to have a listing on those sites.

I have spent upto £4,000 per year on advertising. It is currently around £3,000. I keep trying to get it to below £2,000.

Business is good so have just cancelled a wedding fair and an expensive advert in wedding magazine. Also about to cancel Yell.com too.

I get a few calls each week from people trying to sell me advertising.... They are all taken aback when I say sorry I am too busy and don't need to increase my advertising.

Best advise I can give is to try different adverts to see what works best for you. I put a unique discount code on each advert location so I can track how effective each one is.

My rule of thumb is simple. For every £100 I spend on an advert I want £500 of business in return or it is not repeated.

All the best

Lee
    Lee Live: Wedding DJ
    http://www.djLeeLive.com/

Amazing advise once again Lee. I build all my own websites through mrsite.com they are great as you can add anything to it or take off in a moment , However I feel there not the best for getting up the search engines. I have had companies build me several websites in the past but usually if you need anything added or taken away it's another fee or worse still a couple of weeks before the job is done. Do you have a company build your site or do you do it yourself too?

Regards

James
    Magic & Hypnosis www.James-Kennedy.co.uk Discos & Event Managment www.EntsHQ.co.uk

Default Website

Quote Originally Posted by jk74 View Post
    Amazing advise once again Lee. I build all my own websites through mrsite.com they are great as you can add anything to it or take off in a moment , However I feel there not the best for getting up the search engines. I have had companies build me several websites in the past but usually if you need anything added or taken away it's another fee or worse still a couple of weeks before the job is done. Do you have a company build your site or do you do it yourself too?

Regards

James
    Mine is just a basic website too. It costs about £80 per year. I update it myself when needed.

I signed up to Google Webmaster so that I could take on board their recommendations to improve it.

All the best
    Lee
    Lee Live: Wedding DJ
    http://www.djLeeLive.com/

Agree - Website is the best way. Sharing a little piece of my market research here -

last 10 website based enquires have come from -

Google - 5
    Other Online - 2
    Other - 2
    Gumtree (Free) - 1

I get a fair few phone calls as well which I stupidly don't ask where they found me half the time.

Dorset DJ - Dorset based DJ service
    11:11 EVENTS LTD - 11:11 EVENTS LTD

In The last 2 weeks i have had the following
    80 enquiries through my websites
    62 enquiries from Need a disco and similar sites
    4 yell.com
    I have not counted by i am guessing 6 calls a day, so times by 14 would make over 80 calls over 2 weeks, I would say 75% of them are from websites

So i would say a good website which does well in google is best

Quote Originally Posted by surround sounds View Post
    In The last 2 weeks i have had the following
    80 enquiries through my websites
    62 enquiries from Need a disco and similar sites
    4 yell.com
    I have not counted by i am guessing 6 calls a day, so times by 14 would make over 80 calls over 2 weeks, I would say 75% of them are from websites

So i would say a good website which does well in google is best
    That's good going

Dorset DJ - Dorset based DJ service
    11:11 EVENTS LTD - 11:11 EVENTS LTD