Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Thread: Which clamp/device?

Default Which clamp/device?

Hi everyone,

I'm hoping for some help, here's my dilemma.

I have the Stairville Power Bar. I really like the effect, especially for Weddings.

One thing I do miss though is a bit of movement effect on the dance floor.

Basically, I'd like to mount my cluster laser above/on top of the powerbar, pointing down.

I've checked measurements etc and luckily it seems achievable with the laser I have (Laserworld E.L 250 RGB) as any clamps would not interfere with the settings buttons, I.E.C input or foot controller input.

Any ideas, what I'd need in the way of clamps to achieve this?

I have 'O' clamps but they only enable me to mount the laser sideways on, on the vertical pole of the Stairville T-bar. I don't like this look, it gives no symmetry and looks industrial.

I don't see that 2 'G' clamps would work either.

I hope what I'm asking makes sense.

Thanks

Sarah x

I and others follow the simple expedient of turning the laser upside down, and screwing it to the powerbar with one of the thumbscrews provided, as the Stairville is fitted with four threaded holes on the top. I don't know if that's why, but it's one use for them. I also use the holes for attaching brackets to hang the Powerbar from the overhead.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Peter, you are a diamond!

I never even noticed the four screw holes on top of the powerbar!

I was given 2 thumb screws with the bar, job done.

Only problem now is I'm half tempted to get an identical 2nd laser, so as to have one at each end.

I realise a screw hole in the middle of the bar, to give me symmetry with one effect, is just asking too much, even for me!

All the Best, Peter

Sarah x

Quote Originally Posted by Sarah View Post
    I realise a screw hole in the middle of the bar, to give me symmetry with one effect, is just asking too much, even for me!
    There's a simple solution to this too, I had forum member Steve Tredaway make me up a bracket that attaches to the two center threads and has a raised center section with a central threaded hole in it to enable a laser (or similar) to be mounted centrally in the manner Peter indicated. It's also a good idea to superglue large rubber washers over the 4 threaded holes in the top of your par bar to prevent them becoming scratched through mounting lights on them.
    Inside every old person, is a young person wondering 'What The Hell Happened'. Tempus Fugit

Disco 4 Hire

That sounds ideal, is there any possibility you could put a picture up of the final product in action please?

Sarah x

That sounds ideal, is there any possibility you could put a picture up of the final product in action please?

Sarah x
    Name:  bracket_1.jpg
Views: 98
Size:  41.1 KB
    Name:  bracket_2.JPG
Views: 99
Size:  105.4 KB
    Inside every old person, is a young person wondering 'What The Hell Happened'. Tempus Fugit

Disco 4 Hire

I was given 2 thumb screws with the bar, job done.
    I got four in total, but if you use the tripod, usually two of those are used to fasten the bar to the stand.

Quote Originally Posted by Pe7e View Post
    There's a simple solution to this too, I had forum member Steve Tredaway make me up a bracket that attaches to the two center threads and has a raised center section .
    Very neat. I had assumed that the raised section would be tall enough to allow the fixture to hang the right way up. Viewing that has just given me an idea how to fit something else above the bar. Interesting.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    Very neat. I had assumed that the raised section would be tall enough to allow the fixture to hang the right way up. Viewing that has just given me an idea how to fit something else above the bar. Interesting.
    The bracket works well, but if I was making them again I'd make them 2cm shorter and put the same size thread in the center bracket as the powerbar has. Here is another pic that shows the modified lamp hanging brackets I had made to eliminate the akward, flimsey 'saw tooth' arangement on the original brackets. It provides around 1.25" vertical adjustment and makes positioning the lamps, and putting the powerbar back in the case very much easier.

Name:  bracket_4.JPG
Views: 86
Size:  124.8 KB

Disco 4 Hire