Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: Leap Creative/48 press

Although I am not liking any of this, I'm not sure people have the right to go to people's home addresses.

They are a Ltd company, so go the legal route. You can't start knocking on doors where people live.

Totally agree - for the record we only have that as a final backup correspondence address in the event that they do not respond to any letters whatsoever to their virtual addresses. We won't be sharing it with anyone nor bombarding them with post, don't worry.

Thanks,

Chris

Just for the record, and i'm not defending them, the previous owners of 48Press who had dealings with the MDD members, sold the business on some months back.
    Scott.

SC Events | Facebook

Professional Conference & AV Services, Corporate Entertainment, Equipment Hire and DJs

They are a disgrace, They need to totally close down.
    They have let so many customer down and they deserve all they get

A new company was formed in December 2013 so this falls in line with Scott's comments about it being sold. However, would the old directors not be responsible for any outstanding debt up to the date of sale?
    Dazzy D
    Lightning Disco & Entertainment

Born to make you party!

If a new company had been formed it would have a different name, no two companies can have the same name. What is most likely is the previous directors have sold (or transferred) their shares to new directors, unfortunately for creditors the debt is with the company and not the directors personally, and unless they are shown to have acted recklessly they cannot be pursued for the companies debts, unless they have given personal guarantees for such debts. But if the company has just had a change of directors, it doesn't mean the previous debts are cancelled, you still have a claim against that company
    Last edited by Pe7e; 24-03-2014 at 02:18 PM.
    Inside every old person, is a young person wondering 'What The Hell Happened'. Tempus Fugit

Disco 4 Hire

Quote Originally Posted by SC Events View Post
    Just for the record, and i'm not defending them, the previous owners of 48Press who had dealings with the MDD members, sold the business on some months back.
    I can't see a business being worth anything for official sale after one year especially a LTD company.
    They would need several years financial history as its just worth the stock and lease (if they have a premises). This thread has proved that all parties are not very honest or reliable. Its not difficult to complete orders and keep in contact with clients whether they are MDD members or not. Sounds like another one of their yarns Scott. Do you regard this guy as a friend as he has lied to you on several occasions now and used you as a messenger

I would have sent debt collection in buy now as well as reporting them to trading standards Bananaman. I suppose there is a time limit for these things, but they seem to have caved in when the pressure has been applied judging by this post.
    Last edited by yourdj; 24-03-2014 at 04:39 PM.
    Your DJ - Mobile DJ The New Forest, Southampton & Hampshire. Toby
    https://yourdj.co.uk/

Thanks all for your input following my post thus far. Just to update, we have today filed a formal complaint with trading standards and we intend to do everything within our power to see this through to a satisfactory conclusion.

We have given every opportunity for them to contact us and we have been more than reasonable, but apparently they don't respond to decency, so they will find out the hard way.

Thanks,

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Bananaman View Post
    Thanks all for your input following my post thus far. Just to update, we have today filed a formal complaint with trading standards and we intend to do everything within our power to see this through to a satisfactory conclusion.

We have given every opportunity for them to contact us and we have been more than reasonable, but apparently they don't respond to decency, so they will find out the hard way.

Thanks,

Chris
    Wishing you the best of luck Chris. Let us know how you get on.