Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Thread: Sound limiters

Default Sound limiters

The gaffer of my local has to have a sound limiter fitted as the neighbours have been complaining.Does anybody no how she would go about getting one fitted.

Thanks Andy

Quote Originally Posted by bangbang View Post
    The gaffer of my local has to have a sound limiter fitted as the neighbours have been complaining.Does anybody no how she would go about getting one fitted.

Thanks Andy
    Have a look here
    http://www.soundlimiters.co.uk/www.s...php?p=11&pno=0

I'm my opinion the ones that kill the power if the red led stays on for a preset time are awful. They usually take about 30 seconds to reset. The last one I worked with, the intro to Shout Lulu pinged it straight off! I then spent the rest of the night watching when the red led would stop flashing and go to steady red, as that's when it was "armed" to go off!
    You may be better off with a compressor limiter and set that up to a suitable level.
    It may also be worth looking at an array system to evenly distribute the sound around the room rather them banging it out from a forward facing set up. I Have successfully used LD systems wireless in ear monitoring kit into the back of active speakers without any loss in sound quality.
    Have the been asked by the local authority to fit one?

Quote Originally Posted by bmdj View Post
    Have a look here
    http://www.soundlimiters.co.uk/www.s...php?p=11&pno=0

I'm my opinion the ones that kill the power if the red led stays on for a preset time are awful. They usually take about 30 seconds to reset. The last one I worked with, the intro to Shout Lulu pinged it straight off! I then spent the rest of the night watching when the red led would stop flashing and go to steady red, as that's when it was "armed" to go off!
    You may be better off with a compressor limiter and set that up to a suitable level.
    It may also be worth looking at an array system to evenly distribute the sound around the room rather them banging it out from a forward facing set up. I Have successfully used LD systems wireless in ear monitoring kit into the back of active speakers without any loss in sound quality.
    Have the been asked by the local authority to fit one?
    All good ideas though you could tell him to follow the example of the licensee of a boozer I used to do karaoke at when the locals complained.

Step 1: Set the amp master volume to a reasonable level

Step 2: Gaffa tape the master volume knob

Step 3: Telll the DJ not to ****in touch the gaffa taped knob

Step 4: Get absolutely wrecked whilst working behind the bar

Step 5: Slabber to DJ "That cow up stairs can **** right off

Step 6: Rip gaffa tape off master volume and dime the amp

I think that was the last time I ever worked there but I'm assuming step 7 involved licensing coming in