Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Thread: Another one that won't make the front pages

Default Another one that won't make the front pages

http://news.sky.com/story/1094016/da...or-bolder-dies

R.I.P. Trevor. Only one Spider from Mars left now
    Steve Mad, bad & dangerous to know www.corabar.co.uk
    Better to study for one hour with the wise, than to drink wine with the foolish.
    The opinions of Corabar Steve are not necessarily those of Corabar Entertainment, or any of its subsidiaries

There are few truly skilled musicians left, Steve. The digital age has seen to that.

There's been a few "quality" bassists that have died in recent months including Donald "Duck" Dunn of Blues Brothers fame. Trevor was Bowie's choice bassist in the Spiders From Mars and several big, and memorable, hits ensued. He played bass on my favourite Bowie hits Life On Mars and Starman as well as the highly renowned Changes and Suffragette City. Memorable songs but also tracks that'll known for being "Bowie" but I fear not many will know the musicians behind the music other than "Bowie".

In a similar vein, the performer of one of the most memorable electro piano/keyboard riffs of all time died this week.

http://blogs.wsj.com/speakeasy/2013/...ek-dead-at-74/

I am, of course, referring to Ray Manzarek of the Doors who died earlier in the week. Ray was probably best known for that unmistakeable keyboard intro that led us in to the Doors phenominal hit Light My Fire. He also died of a cancer so the big "C" has claimed a few talented lives this week. But all of these musicians will be remembered by the fans and scholars of music - those who are interested of how the sound is created rather than just fleeting fans who only know the name of the frontman (which, to be fair, is the vast majority of the population!).

Without tempting fate, I'd love to be a guest at the Christmas party in Heaven this year. There's going to be one hell (pardon the pun!) of a jam session amongst some of the best musicians we've ever known!
    Dazzy D
    Lightning Disco & Entertainment

Born to make you party!

King Crimson, Uriah Heep, Roxy Music, Wishbone Ash, Family, and Renaissance among others. One hell of a CV, eh?

John Wetton, died yesterday.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk