Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Did anyone else spot DaveSounds rig on Emmerdale tonight?

Wink Did anyone else spot DaveSounds rig on Emmerdale tonight?

If you're quick you might see it in the second part on 1TV1+1 now
    Steve Mad, bad & dangerous to know www.corabar.co.uk
    Better to study for one hour with the wise, than to drink wine with the foolish.
    The opinions of Corabar Steve are not necessarily those of Corabar Entertainment, or any of its subsidiaries

Quote Originally Posted by Corabar Steve View Post
    If you're quick you might see it in the second part on 1TV1+1 now
    Or record it today, to peruse at your leisure. Steve, you haste surprises me, and your taste in viewing disappoints me. Or will you justify it by classing it as " research" ? Perhaps I should start watching Eastenders, that I may begin to break down the Noprtn/South language barrier?

OK, to answer Steve's question, yes. And it saddens me to note that you are following the old adage " Never let the truth get in the way of a good story". Like me, Dave is now a Laptop DJ.

Mind you, I did get misty eyed for a fraction of a second, when I saw the boxes of records, but I soon regained my composure.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

That seems to be the standard soap type set up I remember DJ Lloyd using it in Coronation street, I think they are having a little swipe at us on the soaps we should complain we don't want to be portrayed as a joke

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    Perhaps I should start watching Eastenders, that I may begin to break down the Noprtn/South language barrier?
    I fear you may have some way to go in your endeavours
    Can I suggest you start with something simpler ?....... Klingon/Mandarin translations for example !
    The Keyboard is mightier than the Sword ?
    Occasions Of Excellence For One & All In Cornwall

Quote Originally Posted by Kernow View Post
    I fear you may have some way to go in your endeavours
    Can I suggest you start with something simpler ?....... Klingon/Mandarin translations for example !
    The biter bit. Since I purport to be a man of honour, I shan't abuse my powers by going back to correct my lamentable errors. ( I mised the r off the first your ). Banged to rights, guv.

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    The biter bit. Since I purport to be a man of honour, I shan't abuse my powers by going back to correct my lamentable errors. ( I mised the r off the first your ). Banged to rights, guv.
    Champion !, 'appen I'll be loosin' me sneck out of fratch ?
    The Keyboard is mightier than the Sword ?
    Occasions Of Excellence For One & All In Cornwall

So everyone missed the shot of a certain infamous amp poking it's head above the parapet?

(BTW, I was at Mum's & it was on in the background. I have a sixth sense when it comes to being drawn to disco kit on TV)
    Steve Mad, bad & dangerous to know www.corabar.co.uk
    Better to study for one hour with the wise, than to drink wine with the foolish.
    The opinions of Corabar Steve are not necessarily those of Corabar Entertainment, or any of its subsidiaries

So everyone missed the shot of a certain infamous amp poking it's head above the parapet?
    Guilty as charged. After seeing the rig with 7" singles and traffic lights, I lost interest, so well done Steve for being observant. I may go back and check tomorrow. Then again, I may not.

BTW, I was at Mum's & it was on in the background.
    Well that's alright then.

Re portraying Discos accurately, perhaps they should show some Herbert rocking up with a laptop full of hooky tracks, a couple of LED lights on a tripod and his kit on a venue table, with wires everywhere? They then wind the volume controls round to eleven, set the lappy on automix, and wander off to the bar to chat up the barperson, and or get drunk. More accurate?

There was a wedding DJ on come dine with me that wore a bright yellow hoodie in his "at work" shot which I certainly hope he doesn't wear for weddings... Yet to see the mobile DJs job being portrayed accurately on tv... In fact I doubt anything is really that acurate on tv.

Dorset DJ - Dorset based DJ service
    11:11 EVENTS LTD - 11:11 EVENTS LTD

Quote Originally Posted by ukpartydj View Post
    There was a wedding DJ on come dine with me that wore a bright yellow hoodie in his "at work" shot which I certainly hope he doesn't wear for weddings... Yet to see the mobile DJs job being portrayed accurately on tv... In fact I doubt anything is really that acurate on tv.
    When my rig was in casualty they portrayed me pretty accurately - it was my usual rig and the two tracks they used in the show were "Gold" and Alexandra Burkes' "Bad boys" - pretty much par for the course at the time. They also showed people snogging in the gents and various other drunken mishaps in the episode - also all par for the course at one of my Gigs

Julian
    http://www.bristoldiscohire.co.uk - Quality Disco and Equipment hire for Bristol & Bath
    Weddings, Birthday Parties, Kids Parties, School Disco's and more
    https://julianburr.co.uk - Wedding, Family, Portrait and Product Photography