Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "mood lighting"

Default "mood lighting"

"Mood lighting"

For the guys who offer mood lighting, when do you normally set it up?If its installed and set up before everyone arrives do you leave it switched on from the time everyone arrives, for the wedding ceremony to wedding breakfast,or do you just switch it on for the night time party?

Quote Originally Posted by soundmaster mobile disco View Post
    "Mood lighting"

For the guys who offer mood lighting, when do you normally set it up?If its installed and set up before everyone arrives do you leave it switched on from the time everyone arrives, for the wedding ceremony to wedding breakfast,or do you just switch it on for the night time party?
    I only offer mood lighting if I can do an early setup. If I'm only booked for the evening reception the lighting remains off until I arrive in the evening.

I offer mood lighting, 2 on gantry for above dancefloor and 2 at sides/back of disco can be set up with the rig early evening. Full/half 30/15 even 10 mood lights I will set up early and switch on when the client wants them on.
    I am booked for a wedding mid next week in the longest barn in the country. The Great Barn, Hales Hall and received an email a few days ago telling me a 4KW KV2 system has been fitted that I can use. Spoke to the boss today and he said a massive lighting system has also been installed so I may not need to take any lighting. My old friend Olly saturnav.co.uk fitted it so it will be good. If I do need my mood lighting I will arrive around 11 am to be fully set up by 3.30pm
    Spoke to the future groom this afternoon and he said they still want my moving heads and multicolour laser which I will be pleased to use.

Back to subject, I do what my clients want. Multi mood lights always set up early as it takes quite a time.

It depends what you have arranged with the bride and groom really, for marquees, i leave off till I arrive early evening as pointless being on during the day

But always advise a early setup other wise you will be rushing about like a blue *cough* fly
    Maidstone Based Professional Disco
    www.lasersounds.co.uk

Set up early in the morning along with the disco. Go home for a sleep. (I am at a bad age )Then go back to the venue for 4.30pm as the bride wants the moodlighting on for the wedding breakfast at 5pm. And as I will be there until the end of the night I have a meal included in the price.

I am at a bad age Ha, you must be nearly as old as me then.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisj View Post
    I am at a bad age Ha, you must be nearly as old as me then.
    To be honest I have been having a sleep (power nap!) for a least 15 years, before going out to a gig. (I don't mean I sleep for 15 years before a gig!)

You will notice that I still haven't given my age away

Well if you are over 70 it may be accepted. I am 62 but never get the chance for a nap as there is always something to do.

Ah that reminds me I haven't done any gardening for a week.

Better to get the sleep if needed rather than be tired Mike.

Being a lucky man and having lots of battery par cans it only takes me a couple of mins to set up moonlighting so does not eat into what is often not a very long time for room turn around. I put them on all day is the client wants them on and usually plug them in as they charge while being used too.
    Your DJ - Mobile DJ The New Forest, Southampton & Hampshire. Toby
    https://yourdj.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by yourdj View Post
    Being a lucky man and having lots of battery par cans it only takes me a couple of mins to set up moonlighting so does not eat into what is often not a very long time for room turn around. I put them on all day is the client wants them on and usually plug them in as they charge while being used too.
    If you plug them in, why bother with battery par cans, seems a little pointless IMO and surely you need to connect them together with DMX cables, or do you just leave them all on one colour?