Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: virtual dj video error? can someone diagnoise with this picture

Default virtual dj video error? can someone diagnoise with this picture

Name:  virtual dj error.jpg
Views: 1711
Size:  71.5 KB

here is a problem I have can someone look at the picture and tell me what I need to do.

it says I haven't enough memory but I use a pc with a lot of memory

is there anything I can do with my computer to stop this happening...

it doesn't load the file completely just loads as it plays if you get me (very slowly)

thanks

chris

this looks clearer sorry..

Name:  virtual dj error.jpg
Views: 1201
Size:  71.5 KB

Default virtual dj error

The picture is still not clear enough to read the error
    you would be better off typing the wording of the error out so we can read it and help if we can.
    also have you searched the virtual dj website, they may have a fix if it is a common problem.

Ok, it means that Virtual DJ is trying to decompress the whole video file into memory before playing. Does this happen with every video file, or just one or two? How long is the video file in question? What format are your video files stored in?

I use Virtual DJ for videos on a laptop with 2Gb of RAM and I've never seen this (admittedly under 32bit Windows XP, I'm assuming you have 64bit Win7 or Win8 as it's showing 4Gb of RAM in the error). I have seen Virtual DJ struggling with certain file formats (Quicktime .MOV files for example which seem to take a lot more system resource to play back), but generally .mp4 and .wmv don't give me any issues.

Julian
    http://www.bristoldiscohire.co.uk - Quality Disco and Equipment hire for Bristol & Bath
    Weddings, Birthday Parties, Kids Parties, School Disco's and more
    https://julianburr.co.uk - Wedding, Family, Portrait and Product Photography

my mp3 files and wmv files are completly fine aswell.

its just my video files they are .avi

thanks

I notice you have automix on and the playlist is full of videos... I would suggest using about 8GB RAM due to the amount of memory those videos use, especially if they are HD.
    Scott.

SC Events | Facebook

Professional Conference & AV Services, Corporate Entertainment, Equipment Hire and DJs

Quote Originally Posted by salford1986 View Post
    my mp3 files and wmv files are completly fine aswell.

its just my video files they are .avi

thanks
    Where do you get your video's from? How big are the video files (in Mb?) Do you know what resolution they are (HD720, HD1080, etc?) or what compression is being used (if you right click on the video files and select properties, there's an entry for "Video Codec" which will give you a bit more information about how the videos are compressed)

The only other option is to throw more memory at it...

Julian
    http://www.bristoldiscohire.co.uk - Quality Disco and Equipment hire for Bristol & Bath
    Weddings, Birthday Parties, Kids Parties, School Disco's and more
    https://julianburr.co.uk - Wedding, Family, Portrait and Product Photography

im getting confused now its doing it with just mp3 files now.

I have got 8gb ram on my sytem and when I go into system properties I can see it 8gb ram.

and like it says on the message I only have 4 gb? is virtual dj not seeing the 8 gb?

Why not do a search of the VDJ forums? I'm pretty sure you'll get some good advice there.

In fact, search for Video Memory Issue in the VDJ Wiki pages - this is a known error to do with video card drivers.
    Dazzy D
    Lightning Disco & Entertainment

Born to make you party!

Quote Originally Posted by salford1986 View Post
    im getting confused now its doing it with just mp3 files now.

I have got 8gb ram on my sytem and when I go into system properties I can see it 8gb ram.

and like it says on the message I only have 4 gb? is virtual dj not seeing the 8 gb?
    When you go into system properties, how much does Windows tell you is useable ?

Is your operating system 32 bit or 64 bit. If its 32bit you will only be able to use around 3.5Gb