Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Thread: Serato DJ - Corrupt files warning

Angry Serato DJ - Corrupt files warning

I've just installed Serato DJ on my MacBook and after running all my tunes through the analyser from my external HDD, it's telling me that 90% of the files are 'corrupt' in some way. The files still play fairly normally, but every so often there's a break in the track, especially when I'm loading something on the other deck of the SSX.
    Now I've used the same HDD for almost seven years on my totally bombproof Denon DN-HD2500 media player with absolutely no problem at all. All files are a minimum of 256kbps so there's no quality or file protection issue. Has anyone else experienced the same problem? This was exactly the reason why I chose the Denon in the first place.....my mistrust of laptop technology on the road! I can foresee the Pioneer controller hitting the wheelie bin sometime very soon if I can't solve this!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DJIanScott View Post
    Now I've used the same HDD for almost seven years on my totally bombproof Denon DN-HD2500 media player with absolutely no problem at all. All files are a minimum of 256kbps so there's no quality or file protection issue. Has anyone else experienced the same problem? This was exactly the reason why I chose the Denon in the first place.....my mistrust of laptop technology on the road!
    This is one of the main reasons I decided to stick with the HD2500. A laptop is just another piece of kit added to the chain that can go wrong. My Denon on the other hand has been rock solid. I know there's going to come a time when I have to make the change. I can only hope another dedicated controller similar to the HD2500 comes on the market in the next couple of years first though.

Sorry I can't help with your issue. Hopefully one of the laptop based DJs can offer you a solution. Best of luck.

Thanks Shaun. I love the simplicity and reliability of the stand-alone Denon media players (I have a 2500 and 4 x 5500s!) but I wanted a new toy to play with! The Pioneer DDJ-SSX is a fantasic tool in itself, with lots of effects and gadgets that will definitely get used......but it relies on the laptop and software......I'm sure it'll work out fine, I was just seeing what others had experienced so far.

Quote Originally Posted by DJIanScott View Post
    I wanted a new toy to play with! The Pioneer DDJ-SSX is a fantasic tool in itself, with lots of effects and gadgets that will definitely get used......but it relies on the laptop and software.
    I know the feeling. I bought a Pioneer DDJ-T1 solely for home use (I'll have my 4 year old mixing in no time..lol). Whilst it's a nice system (not as nice as the SSX mind you), I just wouldn't feel comfortable going down the controller/laptop/software route in a gig situation. The Pioneer works fine on the PC, but I tried messing around with it on a fairly high spec laptop and ran into issues (freezing up, and latency issues that I couldn't completely resolve,). I tried optimising the laptop as best as I could but it never was as smooth as when using my main PC. That in itself has embedded itself into my psyche that I never want to go down the laptop route at work. I fear the days of dedicated controllers such as the HD2500 were a fleeting phase and I might have to 'bite the bullet' at some point.

What sort of corruption? Hover over the corrupt file icon with the mouse and it will tell you the issue with the file....then we cam work form there on how to fix it. Serato is very good at what it does and if its saying theres an issue with the file then there will be. Just because it the mp3 works doesnt mean its right.
    http://www.dynamic-entertainment.co.uk

Tel:0800 990 3030

The opinions here are those of an individual and not necessarily those of Dynamic Entertainment.