Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: TV advertising (in waiting rooms)

Quote Originally Posted by ukpartydj View Post
    You could be right, I've written them a nice letter explaining I wasn't made aware of any terms and conditions which is true as they happen to be only on the customer copy which you get once you've signed (that crappy carbon paper stuff). To be honest if they are the sort of business that won't allow me to cancel a contract despite acting quickly (less than 2 days) then I'll be more than happy to make things more difficult for them.
    I think you're being a little naive to be honest thinking you can 'make things difficult' for them.

Quote Originally Posted by DazzyD View Post
    You signed a contract without previewing the T&Cs?

Oh, did you not notice Clause #967 which states you must pay me £5,000 due to you being gullible???

A quick note to any new (or even established) business-folk out there. READ THE SMALL PRINT BEFORE SIGNING ANYTHING!!!
    I read everything on the front of the contract (where you sign). The contract however was one of them white sheets (their copy) with your copy being yellow with the T&Cs printed on the back, I naively assumed that as their was plenty of terms on the front which was probably all of them.
    Of course it was rather stupid looking back, however they've agreed to cancel the contract now so at least that is done.

Quote Originally Posted by Solitaire Entertainments Ltd View Post
    I think you're being a little naive to be honest thinking you can 'make things difficult' for them.
    I disagree, I think that the methods they used to obtain my signature (not providing T&C's until after signature) and high pressure selling along with a couple of lies regarding payment methods and other things I won't bother going into may not be a case for Trading standards but a few complaints like these and after digging around a bit there are a few could cause some trouble.
    Also it'd take me 30mins to make a webpage describing the details of what happened and my overall honest opinion and I bet I could get it to rank right next to their website... could put a lot of customers off.

As it happens they were nice enough despite their quite unforgiving contract.

Dorset DJ - Dorset based DJ service
    11:11 EVENTS LTD - 11:11 EVENTS LTD

I disagree, I think that the methods they used to obtain my signature (not providing T&C's until after signature) and high pressure selling along with a couple of lies regarding payment methods and other things I won't bother going into may not be a case for Trading standards but a few complaints like these and after digging around a bit there are a few could cause some trouble.
    Also it'd take me 30mins to make a webpage describing the details of what happened and my overall honest opinion and I bet I could get it to rank right next to their website... could put a lot of customers off.

As it happens they were nice enough despite their quite unforgiving contract.
    I speak from experience. I was burned on a very similar thing about 25 years ago, which is why I know how hard it can be to get out of a contract.

Making a website is a bit pathetic. This is business, not silly boys games.

You'll be sending your Dad round soon...

I speak from experience. I was burned on a very similar thing about 25 years ago, which is why I know how hard it can be to get out of a contract.

You'll be sending your Dad round soon...
    Business may be business but I refuse to allow anybody to take advantage of me without repercussions.
    An example being - A business owed me £980 and refused to pay within the specified timescale despite several extensions - the debt soon became near £2000 and a terrible credit rating.
    I spoke to another person who had dealing with the same business and he just forgot about the debt and moved on.

You may like biting the bullet, I personally don't like the taste in my mouth.

Business may be business but I refuse to allow anybody to take advantage of me without repercussions.
    It has nothing to do with that. You are coming over like a child who can't get his own way, with a 'send the boys round' type attitude, which has nothing to do with this contract or even business.

I hope you get out of this contract, but don't sit there being a keyboard warrior pretending you are some kind of gangster.

You run a small business in the South of England, not a multi national. Let's keep things in focus shall we? This is a contract that you signed. They didn't 'make' you sign it.

I lost quite a lot of money a few years ago as a Hotel went into administration. There was nothing I could do about it. Do you suppose I threatened the directors or tried to be a pain to get my money? No, of course not as it wouldn't make any difference. It's just business. Deal with it my friend.

Hey, don't dis dissing people on the internet until you've tried it

Quote Originally Posted by Marc J View Post
    Hey, don't dis dissing people on the internet until you've tried it
    I get the feeling there's a story in there somewhere?

It has nothing to do with that. You are coming over like a child who can't get his own way, with a 'send the boys round' type attitude, which has nothing to do with this contract or even business.

I hope you get out of this contract, but don't sit there being a keyboard warrior pretending you are some kind of gangster.

You run a small business in the South of England, not a multi national. Let's keep things in focus shall we? This is a contract that you signed. They didn't 'make' you sign it.

I lost quite a lot of money a few years ago as a Hotel went into administration. There was nothing I could do about it. Do you suppose I threatened the directors or tried to be a pain to get my money? No, of course not as it wouldn't make any difference. It's just business. Deal with it my friend.
    Nailed it in one

Name:  internet_tough_guy_tshirt-p235363839423454957trqt_400.jpg
Views: 83
Size:  25.9 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
    I get the feeling there's a story in there somewhere?
    Haha, I'm afraid not! I'm with Daz on this one